How to move 32g biocube to another house

Max H.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are most likely moving in 2 weeks and im not completely sure how to move a tank to another house that is about 15 minutes away. I have 2 clownfish, bicolor blenny, 2 peppermint shrimp, and xouple zoanthids and lps corals. Could anyone give me suggestions on how to move it and how to move the livestock.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are most likely moving in 2 weeks and im not completely sure how to move a tank to another house that is about 15 minutes away. I have 2 clownfish, bicolor blenny, 2 peppermint shrimp, and xouple zoanthids and lps corals. Could anyone give me suggestions on how to move it and how to move the livestock.
I just moved a 32 biocube from my house to my office 45 minutes away. Was super easy.

Rocks and water wnet into 5 gallon buckets with lids.

Tank with a little water and sand went at same time.

Used a few micro bubbls for bait buckets and then once at office, put all back together and used the water in the buckets to refill the tank. I did have a 5 gallon jug of new water and ended up using about 1.5 gallons of it in the process. Reason: did not pump all of the water out of the buckets. During the move it ended up kicking some detritus out of the rocks, so just pumped water back in until just a hair above the filth.

Naso110

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved last month did it the exact same way. Tanks ranging from 20g to 110g. All four tanks are doing great. Just try not to disturb the sand bed at all. I believe that is key. I've moved tanks more times than I'd like to admit but I've never had any losses that way in 5 or more moves. Never further than 2hrs away though. 15 minutes away should be easy.

Back