How to Move Tank onto New Stand?

BRS

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm about to get a new stand (though there is a chance I get a new tank with stand), and I want to know how I can remove the current stand and replace it with a new one, in the exact same spot.
I was thinking of removing basically all the water, if not all of it, putting it in buckets with the rock and corals, then removing my fish, and then probably placing the tank in a safe place, move the bookshelf it's currently on, place the new stand, put tank/water/rocks/livestock back.

Could it really be as simple as that? Or is there a safer way to do it? Any tips?
Thanks for any replies

Zoanthids.com

Lost in the Sauce

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
what size tank are we talking about?

I don't know about you but this sounds like a full tank tear down no?

"was thinking of removing basically all the water, if not all of it, putting it in buckets with the rock and corals, then removing my fish, and then probably placing the tank in a safe place"

Smaller tanks/aio's will definitely have a different process.

OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
what size tank are we talking about?

I don't know about you but this sounds like a full tank tear down no?

"was thinking of removing basically all the water, if not all of it, putting it in buckets with the rock and corals, then removing my fish, and then probably placing the tank in a safe place"

Smaller tanks/aio's will definitely have a different process.
SOrry I forgot to mention it's a 20g tall. I have thought of basically tearing down, rescaping,etc.

RAP Orlando

Uncle99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm about to get a new stand (though there is a chance I get a new tank with stand), and I want to know how I can remove the current stand and replace it with a new one, in the exact same spot.
I was thinking of removing basically all the water, if not all of it, putting it in buckets with the rock and corals, then removing my fish, and then probably placing the tank in a safe place, move the bookshelf it's currently on, place the new stand, put tank/water/rocks/livestock back.

Could it really be as simple as that? Or is there a safer way to do it? Any tips?
Thanks for any replies
Your fine with this plan.
Try not to disturb the sand bed as much as possible.

BRS

HOW MUCH DO YOU LIKE ZOANTHIDS?

• LOVE them

Votes: 181 41.6%
  • Like them

Votes: 123 28.3%
  • They're "ok"

Votes: 85 19.5%
  • Don't like them

Votes: 23 5.3%
  • Hate them

Votes: 15 3.4%