How to Move Tank onto New Stand?

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm about to get a new stand (though there is a chance I get a new tank with stand), and I want to know how I can remove the current stand and replace it with a new one, in the exact same spot.
I was thinking of removing basically all the water, if not all of it, putting it in buckets with the rock and corals, then removing my fish, and then probably placing the tank in a safe place, move the bookshelf it's currently on, place the new stand, put tank/water/rocks/livestock back.

Could it really be as simple as that? Or is there a safer way to do it? Any tips?
Thanks for any replies

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size tank are we talking about?

I don't know about you but this sounds like a full tank tear down no?

"was thinking of removing basically all the water, if not all of it, putting it in buckets with the rock and corals, then removing my fish, and then probably placing the tank in a safe place"

Smaller tanks/aio's will definitely have a different process.

OP
OP
Dark_Knightt

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what size tank are we talking about?

I don't know about you but this sounds like a full tank tear down no?

"was thinking of removing basically all the water, if not all of it, putting it in buckets with the rock and corals, then removing my fish, and then probably placing the tank in a safe place"

Smaller tanks/aio's will definitely have a different process.
SOrry I forgot to mention it's a 20g tall. I have thought of basically tearing down, rescaping,etc.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on age new sand may be recommended. Either way will need to be rinsed thoroughly

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very manageable size move. I think you're on track with removing the water in the buckets, including any live rock that is not secured or may tumble.

Two person lift and transfer to the new base. You got this.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's about 10 months old. I kinda want to keep everything the same, but just get a new stand.
Oh I'm an idiot.... I was thinking new tank not stand. Disregard my comment

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I'm about to get a new stand (though there is a chance I get a new tank with stand), and I want to know how I can remove the current stand and replace it with a new one, in the exact same spot.
I was thinking of removing basically all the water, if not all of it, putting it in buckets with the rock and corals, then removing my fish, and then probably placing the tank in a safe place, move the bookshelf it's currently on, place the new stand, put tank/water/rocks/livestock back.

Could it really be as simple as that? Or is there a safer way to do it? Any tips?
Thanks for any replies
Your fine with this plan.
Try not to disturb the sand bed as much as possible.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 52 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.1%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back