OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can also try making a feeding tube like the one we made below, it helps imitate their natural feeding behavior and the holes are small enough only the CBB can get it's beak in to eat the frozen food.
IMG_3188.jpg
Tried, didnt go close

Peter K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you try hanging it on the glass and putting in directly on the sand? Also get the stinkiest food possible to put in it, LRS/RODS to try to attract him.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have performed quite a few surgeries on fish and never lost a patient. My first one was on a tetradon puffer in the 70s. I really wanted to cure the fish because it was my first "saltwater" fish. He had an internal tumor inside his belly and couldn't swim or eat. The fish was a few years old already. I removed the fish and laid him on salt water wet cotton. Quickly put some Iodine over where the tumor was. Sliced him open with a razor blade. cut and pulled out the tumor, put a little more Iodine on and put the fish back in the water. If they had crazy glue then I may have used it to close the incision but I didn't need it. The fish still couldn't swim or eat so a couple of times a day I removed him from the water and using a toothpick, pushed some clam down his throat far enough so he couldn't spit it out. Eventually he started to swim and eat. That fish lived another eight years.
I also removed a large growth on a big green moray at a wholesalers. Those things are totally impossible to hold so I had to be very fast and we had to pick him off the floor a few times. But the surgery was a success and he went on to be sold.
Healthy fish heal very fast, like in a few days. The only problem is sometimes their insurance won't cover the procedure. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you find frozen brine shrimp or mysis?
I feed scallops, finely chopped. scallops are easy to chop while frozen. just look after your fingers [emoji28]

cheers
Yes, im making something that looks more natural for it to eat. Scallops ill try. Aren't they same as clams?

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, im making something that looks more natural for it to eat. Scallops ill try. Aren't they same as clams?

The scallop animal is almost the same as a clam but the part you buy in a supermarket is not. That is just the muscle that closes the shells. A clam is better because it is composed of guts and is much more nutritious and tasty to a fish. But that fish lives in the sea on worms and that is it's favorite food.

SoreninKL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure whether they are the same species but scallops have a white soft flesh and all my fish love it.
try to get a flat side on the scallop then it is easier to handle while chopping it.
grindal worms might be worth a try as well.

cheers

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The scallop animal is almost the same as a clam but the part you buy in a supermarket is not. That is just the muscle that closes the shells. A clam is better because it is composed of guts and is much more nutritious and tasty to a fish. But that fish lives in the sea on worms and that is it's favorite food.
So what should i do? Im making some diy for it to feed on mysis and lobster eggs. I have seen it going crazy when I add them, but it cant compete with the other agressive eaters in my tank.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use scallops, I am just saying clams are better. I also target feed every day and always have. The best is live worms. The fish doesn't care that you can't get his favorite food, he just wants it like a 2 year old.

The feeding tube that peter posted is also great. I use feeders for everything. But worms and clams are their favorite and most natural food. If you dive with them in the sea, they live on mostly worms. Earthworms will also work. But if he doesn't eat anything, it's not the food, but something wrong with the fish,.

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can use scallops, I am just saying clams are better. I also target feed every day and always have. The best is live worms. The fish doesn't care that you can't get his favorite food, he just wants it like a 2 year old.

The feeding tube that peter posted is also great. I use feeders for everything. But worms and clams are their favorite and most natural food. If you dive with them in the sea, they live on mostly worms. Earthworms will also work. But if he doesn't eat anything, it's not the food, but something wrong with the fish,.
If i take the turkeybuster near her, she swims away, doesnt like it.. :(

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to put the baster near her, just shoot food in the water above her and feed the rest of the fish on the other side. If she doesn't eat, she has issues and is stressed. Hopefully she will get over it. Copperbands can see food anywhere in the tank as they are not shy and are very aggressive eaters.
Good luck

OP
OP
nanomania

nanomania

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need to put the baster near her, just shoot food in the water above her and feed the rest of the fish on the other side. If she doesn't eat, she has issues and is stressed. Hopefully she will get over it. Copperbands can see food anywhere in the tank as they are not shy and are very aggressive eaters.
Good luck
Hey, finally lympho is gone, but it just doesnt eat from the water column. Also i tried diy methods for clams, aus blood worms, etc, it just doesnt touch. However iv added a toms brine hatch n feeder, hopefully its eating them. Any idea on how to see wether its fat or no? Sometime it looks healthy, sometime it doesnt. Im confused.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back