How to plug an underwater hole in a skimmer?

Trever

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Reef Octopus Classic 110SSS spews microbubbles, after 3 months.

I turned it 180 in the sump so the lion's share of the bubbles come out opposite end of the skimmer chamber, which helped cut back on microbubbles in the DT by a lot.

But there's still an annoying amount, and I notice a good number are coming out where the pump's electrical cable comes out, and that hole is pretty close to the return chamber. Is there some sort of way to plug this hole but still allow the disassembly of the skimmer for cleaning etc? Some sort of "gum"? I have a piece of acrylic I can try to cut out, but not sure if that will have much effect without a sealant of some sort. Something cheap and simple, not sure what's safe to use in reefing, etc. I'm hoping there's an "obvious" solution to experienced folks.

I hate this skimmer, but that's a different topic, and not going to splurge on another at this point.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just use a piece of filter sponge. It should block enough bubbles and still be easy to remove for maintenance

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do a Macgyver, you know the plastic grocery bags cut a piece from the bag the size you need and put a thin film of super glue gel type if possible but got to be super glue and go at it. Not rocket science

xxkenny90xx

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about reef epoxy? It'll plug the hole but it doesn't get super hard and can be removed and replaced for cleaning

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back