How to plumb return to tank: dispersal in the tank

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm setting up a 75 gallon tank with a 40 breeder for a sump. I've got a Hygger HG-915 pump (2000gph) DC pump for the return. I'm planning to use 1" pvc for the return and reducing to 3/4" (or maybe run 3/4" all the way, not sure which is better) and then through 3/4" bulkheads. I don't know that I'll be able to get the bulkheads above the overflow yet. So the question is what to put on the inside of the tank (into the 3/4" bulkhead) to disperse the water into the tank while preventing an overflow situation. I've been looking at the Loc-Line stuff at BRS, but literally know nothing about it.

If anyone has advice on this I'd really appreciate it. I'm not quite at the setup and fill stage, but I'm getting closer daily :)

Thanks!

scrappy35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did 1” up as high as I could then switched to 3/4 at the T. From there I did 2 6” lock lines with flat outlets. They sit about an inch below the water line, aiming up. the are done draining before my overflow is. When the tank drains, I have room to spare in my 40b sump.

RocketEngineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Locline isn’t considered “water tight” because the sockets don’t have seals, they are just very tight. Keeping that in mind, I’ve used it on two separate setups, both using a 6” segment and wide flare nozzle like above. I kept the nozzles just below the surface and never had issues.

OP
OP
kdx7214

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, do you all glue the pvc connections that are in your tank or in the overflow box? The overflow box (I've got an Eshopps Eclipse L) have bulkheads and I'm going to put bulkheads on the tank, so gluing wouldn't be an issue provided it's safe for the tank.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back