How to quarantine fish in Canada?

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. How you guys quarantine your fish in Canada. It seems like no legal way to get Foucs and APi Genral Cure or PraziPro anywhere in Canada. My LFS store dose carry some Kordon stuff and that's it. I'm just finished cycle my new tank and there are 5 lyretail anthias in the QT tank( without any med). The only thing I have in hand is copper power. What should I do to start the QT process? BTW Do I need to QT my old fish? I had them for 10 months now. Thanks

DancingWind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. How you guys quarantine your fish in Canada. It seems like no legal way to get Foucs and APi Genral Cure or PraziPro anywhere in Canada. My LFS store dose carry some Kordon stuff and that's it. I'm just finished cycle my new tank and there are 5 lyretail anthias in the QT tank( without any med). The only thing I have in hand is copper power. What should I do to start the QT process? BTW Do I need to QT my old fish? I had them for 10 months now. Thanks
What you are describing is a hospital tank.
QT is just that a quarantine where you observe for problems.

There is also the Tank Trasnfere method and hypo-salinity.
You could try to get them through eBay. I got may Chloroquine phosphate in EU that way - Just had to explain to customs what it is for.

Good place: https://humble.fish

OP
OP
dbq5anlxj

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this. Does anyone else have an established protocol now set up for a medicine-free quarantine period?
Amazon.ca has copper power. I just checked. They don't carry it anymore. You can still buy stuff of ebay and ship it to Canada. That's what I did.

davidcalgary29

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I could, but I'm not going to go the illegal route for this. Surely someone's developed a setup! I'm not going to do a tank build with fish for another year, so there's no urgency for me with this.

TheReaperOfMars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Consider the hybrid TTM method. It is a pain, but it is a good way to go. The only required chemical/medication is Hydrogen Peroxide that I imagine you can get in Canada without much fuss.

I have used it with success.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back