how to quarantine

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hello, so i am finally getting some more fish for my tank in the upcoming future. i am planning on adding a banggai cardinal, a firefish, and some sort of blenny (most likely tailspot or midas). my tank is a 20 long reef. so, after abt 3 more fish im not adding any more, but how should i go abt quarantining those fish? should i put then in a seperate tank for abt 1-1.5 months and just see if there eating and acting normal? and if problems do arise, then should i treat? the only meds i have rn are pimafix and api general cure and idk if general cure will even work for sw. any suggestions? please and thank you!

*ALSO: i have the banggai cardinal now, hes just chilling in a 5 gallon for now. he is eating just fine and isnt showing any visible signs of stress and is moving around fine, idk just what to do next.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to the quarantine process that I advocate:

Jay

OP
OP
L

LifeOfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a link to the quarantine process that I advocate:

Jay
thank you so much! will def read it. also, a little off topic but i wanted to ask, would you suggest a midas blenny in a 20 gallon LONG (same footprint as a 30 gallon, just less height). itll have abt 3 others tank mates including a oce clown, a bangaii, and a firefish/watchman goby. thanks!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you so much! will def read it. also, a little off topic but i wanted to ask, would you suggest a midas blenny in a 20 gallon LONG (same footprint as a 30 gallon, just less height). itll have abt 3 others tank mates including a oce clown, a bangaii, and a firefish/watchman goby. thanks!
That is borderline small for a midas blenny, in my opinion....but it could work out fine. Tank size is so subjective....

Jay

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 56.4%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.0%
Back