How to raise nitrates

danilo.bautista.756

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size aquarium, what are your nitrates now, and are you dosing anything else at the same time?
nitrates are at the same level as yesterday. I kept dosing Neonitro today to see if it raises. Im only dosing Neonitro at a time, the rest of my dosing is with DOS dosser

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
nitrates are at the same level as yesterday. I kept dosing Neonitro today to see if it raises. Im only dosing Neonitro at a time, the rest of my dosing is with DOS dosser
Sorry I should have been more clear on my question. I meant is anything else being dosed period that way it would be easier to determine what the slime was coming from. Normally a slime like you described is from bacteria build up but I'm not sure if it would be caused from just from neonitro if you are dosing the recommended amount

danilo.bautista.756

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I should have been more clear on my question. I meant is anything else being dosed period that way it would be easier to determine what the slime was coming from. Normally a slime like you described is from bacteria build up but I'm not sure if it would be caused from just from neonitro if you are dosing the recommended amount
Im dosing 2 part/Mag/Potassium/acropower

danilo.bautista.756

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the mucus showed up again. Filter bag is surrounded of this thing. And the skimmer is acting weird. The only thing I’m doing different is dosing NioNitro. 3rd day dosing and Nitrates hasn’t moved a bit. Same levels since day one

431F5FEF-0064-487E-82A2-0CF2183A5155.jpeg BB24F3DE-0385-4782-B0F9-41B783A8D6C4.jpeg 8A5DCDD3-DA42-4610-A2AD-7BEBACB0D536.jpeg

Last edited:

Placenta89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose potassium nitrate. Because food creates phosphates faster than nitrates, you are creating a different problem. I dose pretty heavily because my cheato just tears through it..but my corals are happy. :)
I do the same. I have tried upping my feedings as well ( only have 2 clowns and they seem to barely eat so the rest goes to the CUC) but I find I have to keep dosing nitrate to stay at 5-10ppm and my Torches have been loving it as well. My chaeto is definitely doing its job a little too well.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back