How to remove rock flower anemone from glass jar?

vtecintegra

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one probably sounds stupid, but I bought a couple of rock flower anemones. I dropped them in a glass jars and set them in QT. It's time to move them to the DT, but they are locked down inside the glass jar like they are epoxied on. I tried to massage one off with my finger, but it wasn't letting go. Tried ice on the outside of the glass, but that didn't work either. I've got one turned upside down hoping it will decide to let go of the glass to right itself, but it hasn't moved yet. Any tricks?

IMG_20210527_151341.jpg

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alternatively you can do short fast blasts with a coral feeder to peel the foot off slowly as well.
I noticed the fingernail trick works better on glass though and the baster for uneven surfaces like liverock.

DevilDuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I take some airline tubing and cut it into a rounded spoon shape. You can gently work it under the RFA's foot and peel them off. Patience is key.

Tired

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you kinda press against the side of it and slowly but firmly push, it should start to slide, then come off. Kinda like how you remove a snail. Or you can just slide it to the edge of the glass so it doesn't have anything to hold onto. Glass is an easy surface to move RFAs on.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back