How to setup ATO with Profilux Mini Wifi? (And possibly other questions)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi folks,

I'm interested in getting a GHL Profilux Mini Wifi. It'll be my first controller so I'm still trying to figure out whether it'll be sufficient for what I need it to do.

My first question is how do I set up an ATO on the Mini? Looking through some older threads on this channel, I see there was supposed to be an add-on accessory that would allow you to add a level sensor to the Profilux Mini but either I'm too much of a noob to figure out which one that is on the GHL website or it's not there. Has that been released? A link would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DFR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately it is still not available. If you do go with the Mini, your best bet may be the Osmolator as a stand alone ATO.

OP
OP
Elbereth

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks DFR!

That's a shame. I thought I saw it was planned for release in summer of last year. Any GHL representatives around? Is the add-on coming out soon by any chance?

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
There are lots of things from GHL that never appear (feeder, the new maxi doser, new software features etc).

Unfortunately, you just have to assume that anything they say is going to be released won’t be. If it turns up then that’s a bonus.

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Supply chain issues and continuing uncertainty of materials have played a major role in our original release plans. Not having any concrete availability dates from suppliers make it difficult to predict when new products will be available. Hopefully the on-going situation can be understood, and it is clear that we do not have a magic ball to tell us when things will go back to normal.

OP
OP
Elbereth

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's certainly understandable. So no approximate time frame for when the add on will be released? Or is at least definitely in the works?

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No release date at the moment.

OP
OP
Elbereth

Elbereth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if there have been any updates on the ATO add-on for the mini?

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 57.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 23 28.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back