How to ship corals and who to ship with? Also, what to do with fish?

Tristan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With high school starting soon for me I just won't have the time anymore to maintain my reef so I'm planning on tearing it down.
I've read many forums on how to pack corals but not too much on how to ship corals. I'm not sure who to ship with(USPS or UPS) and where to put them for sale on.

Livestock:
I have 3 rainbow acans with over a dozen polyps
Some purple pocillorpora
A maxi mini anemone
40+ Duncan colony (I plan on fragging it into frags of about 5-7 heads since many of the heads are newly formed babies and haven't branched oit much)
2" frag of neon birdsnest
Blondeie blue eye zoas
Sunny d zoas
A crap ton of Kenya tree
Toad stool
A few euphyllia
A browned out sunset montipora
2" neon green slimer acro
Candy cane
3" mini acropora colony that suffered STN but it has stopped
I also have macro algaes such as codium, dragon's breath, and caulerpa prolifera

Fish:
3" Female Flurry clown
Fire fish
Pinkbar Goby
2x Blue Green Chromis

Should I sell the fish to my LFS?

With myself being only 14 it's kinda hard to manage all this with school in the way. Also my mom is really scared of strangers so I doubt that one of you guys could come to my house to check them out.

SJ-reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I sell to my LFS, I have a few to choose from. If you have that much I would call around and tell them what you got and see what they are offering. You can also put up a post on Craigslist and see if anyone close by is interested.

cpvince

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Craigslist is probably a good bet for getting the most $ for your stuff but requires more work. The LFS likely won't give you much for your livestock in order to maintain their margin for profit but it's still an option. I sell or trade to them every now and then because I hate dealing with craigslist.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back