JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Theoretical, but plausible move to Spain in 2023. Where do people get:

Tanks: love IM, but don't think they ship to EU. Eshopps deskmate maybe? Do they have a whole different group of manufacturers? What online shops?

Equipment/salt/supplement: same as above. Any EU/Spain version of BRS or saltwateraquarium.com?

Fish/Inverts: anything like reefcleaners or drreef?

Coral/nems/sponges/macros?

And all importantly... Where can you get real ocean live rock, a la TBS?

Thanks!

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Tanks: love IM, but don't think they ship to EU. Eshopps deskmate maybe? Do they have a whole different group of manufacturers? What online shops?

Equipment/salt/supplement: same as above. Any EU/Spain version of BRS or saltwateraquarium.com?

Thanks!

Easy Reefs is BASED in Spain! Love their food and all they do to help hobbyists worldwide (including TX USA)

This might help you find people local to where you are moving in Spain:

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Easy Reefs is BASED in Spain! Love their food and all they do to help hobbyists worldwide (including TX USA)

This might help you find people local to where you are moving in Spain:
Thanks! Doesn't seem to be any EU local clubs in the Global Local, but I've found some vendors online that would ship corals and fish to Spain. Also a number of LFS in Barcelona that look OK.

One of the biggest issues for me is live rock. I don't want to start any tank with dry rock ever again. If I could carry my gulf rock over in a thermos, I would, but I understand there might be customs and even CITES issues with doing this.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! Doesn't seem to be any EU local clubs in the Global Local, but I've found some vendors online that would ship corals and fish to Spain. Also a number of LFS in Barcelona that look OK.

One of the biggest issues for me is live rock. I don't want to start any tank with dry rock ever again. If I could carry my gulf rock over in a thermos, I would, but I understand there might be customs and even CITES issues with doing this.
Whitecorals out of Germany generally has wild Aussie live rock in stock and will ship throughout the EU.
Coralgardens in Italy is really good for corals with a wide selection. EKRcorals is based out of Spain and has really good prices and sometimes real stunners in stock.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whitecorals out of Germany generally has wild Aussie live rock in stock and will ship throughout the EU.
Coralgardens in Italy is really good for corals with a wide selection. EKRcorals is based out of Spain and has really good prices and sometimes real stunners in stock.
Awesome, thanks!

Pepone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

Thanks!
hi Jojos i´m from spain here you have plain of store and online store you can get everything. and normaly the ship whit the other European country are really fast.

i can help so much because i'm just starting my reef tank and just know a few online shop. if you need something i´m glad to help you.

OP
OP
JoJosReef

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi Jojos i´m from spain here you have plain of store and online store you can get everything. and normaly the ship whit the other European country are really fast.

i can help so much because i'm just starting my reef tank and just know a few online shop. if you need something i´m glad to help you.
Thanks! Plans didn't go through for now, but maybe in the future!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back