How to tell if you have the biggest or most tanks in your neighbourhood...

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always at the top of the list too! 200X less efficient then my close neighbors. lol

I was hoping national greed(national grid) was going to come and give me a prize for always being at the top of the list! Come on now, I am paying those salaries....

I want to know who these people that use less the 500KWH is? My tytpical usage is around 2500KWH.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have actually had the local police show up at my house wanting to know what the blue glow was in my living room windows. Apparently a concerned citizen was walking by my house and saw the blue glow and was concerned I was growing something.

Luckily I live in a very small town and grew up with the local cops. Invited them in, and let them have their pick of which fish they would like to smoke. LOL

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same 80G cube.

My tank added about 400KWH to my bill. Everything in my house is electric, so I have high usage. I also don't care to much for being efficient. I pay the bill, and on time. I'll use as much as I want.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes that’s great. I’m personally going for a 90G but a longer tank. Will use a section of the wall. I’m in a second floor apartment, low rise maybe 7 floors total so I’ll be near the foundation plus confirmed it has load bearing walls (not that a 90’s a huge tank). Good luck and keep going! And dang the bills lol.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol if you made one or a couple hobbyists out of them that would be something to pat yourself on the back for lol.
Not the local cops, but my wife babysat of one of her friends one time. The father came to pick up the child and was in awe of my tank. He always wanted a salt tank(kept FW for years), but never knew where to start. I've been mentoring him since his start, and is now on his third year in the salty side of the hobby.

homer1475

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
120G, not exactly sure what his livestock is now as we only speak now when he has problems, or I have "accidental" frags for him.

While I appreciate the fish, I'm in it for the coral. The fish picking is my wifes contribution to the hobby. When looking at tank, I don't really notice the fish.

Zerodameaon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm always at the top of the list too! 200X less efficient then my close neighbors. lol

I was hoping national greed(national grid) was going to come and give me a prize for always being at the top of the list! Come on now, I am paying those salaries....

I want to know who these people that use less the 500KWH is? My tytpical usage is around 2500KWH.
Vacation homes and unoccupied rentals. It really messed with the averages in some areas and it makes normal users look like they are running a grow op.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back