how to transport fish better

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it so happened that my friend can no longer maintain his tank and gives me all the fish and rocks. fish 8, but the fact is that I have a red sea reefer 350 tank launched 20 days ago, with bacteria dr Timm, ammonia0, nitrates25, how should I transport all the fish, his aquarium was years old.i am just getting started in marine aquarium, any help thanks.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So your Red Sea tank has completely cycled then? How far do you have to physically transport the fish, what are the kinda and sizes, etc. You’ll probably want to know the water parameters of both your and your friends tank to see if you need to adjust anything like salinity or temperature prior.

You may also want to invest in a drip tube (or several) so you can gradually acclimate the fish to the water in your tank. And you’ll need some spare saltwater to top up your Red Sea after acclimating.

Those are the things I’d figure out and have in-place prior to contemplating a move.

OP
OP
Genvid

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Значит, ваш танк на Красном море полностью остановился? Как далеко вам нужно физически транспортировать рыбу, какие бывают виды, размеры и т. Д. Вы, вероятно, захотите узнать параметры воды как в вашем аквариуме, так и в аквариуме ваших друзей, чтобы узнать, нужно ли вам предварительно отрегулировать что-либо, например, соленость или температуру. .

Вы также можете приобрести капельницу (или несколько), чтобы постепенно акклиматизировать рыбу к воде в вашем аквариуме. И вам понадобится немного соленой воды, чтобы пополнить Красное море после акклиматизации.

Это то, что я выяснил и использовал до того, как обдумывал переезд.

OP
OP
Genvid

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
пробег 1 час на машине, для акклиматизации, все есть, еще купила два компрессора с батарейным питанием, интересно, не повредит ли рыбе то, что сразу столько заводлю

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, my Russian to English translator isn’t working...
He said: 1 hour mileage by car, for acclimatization, everything is there, I also bought two battery-powered compressors, I wonder if it will hurt the fish that I start so much at once

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
привет, лучше всего было бы положить камни в ведра с водой из аквариума ваших друзей, так как для рыбы тогда можно положить в мешки или лучше было бы положить ведра на 5 галлонов с отверстием в крышке, чтобы положить трубку от воздушного камня на батарейках, чтобы добавить кислород в ведра для рыбы, затем закапайте акклиматизированную рыбу в свой аквариум

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Transport rocks in a separate container, best if you can move fish in an ice chest with an air stone. Your friends live rock should provide enough bacteria to stabilize your new tank along with some of his water.

OP
OP
Genvid

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
пробег 1 час на машине, для акклиматизации, все есть, еще купила два компрессора с батарейным питанием, интересно, не повредит ли рыбе то, что сразу столько заводлю
Sorry, my Russian to English translator isn’t working...

OP
OP
Genvid

Genvid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all very much for your advice, and I will do so, let you know how the transportation went.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back