How/when should I reintroduce an aggressive fish to my DT?

ItalCanadaReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newly setup Reefer 250 currently only has two 1.5 inch ocellaris clowns and one firefish of about 2.5 inches. The clowns have been in here for about a month, and the firefish began intensely beating up and targeting the clowns about a week after its introduction to the tank. It took a sizeable chunk out of one clown’s dorsal fin and damaged the other clown’s pectoral fin. So after a day of, what is IMO extreme aggression for a firefish, I put him into the sump, and he has been there for three days now. How and when would you go about reintroducing the firefish? Any tips/tricks? Thanks!!

jaganshi066

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just shows that any fosh can be aggressive! I have the same problem so please if anyone knows respond. My flameback angels will kill/bully any new fish other than the clowns and chromic in my tank. I’ve tried everything, acclimation box, he was even in a qt tank for two month with my carpenters wrasse (separated by an egg crate) then after those two month it was over for my wrasse. Please help if anyone has any tips other than rearranging rocks, acclimation box, and I really do t want to take him out he’s my favorite fish

Upvote 0

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 168 62.2%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 70 25.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 93 34.4%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 46 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 70 25.9%
Back