Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

I hope Santa brings you a new skimmer!
If I wait on santa, I am only getting coal... Wait, that maybe worth something here soon....
you have narrowed it down quite a bit. Now only 99 % of the products is we have to think about
The truth makes me sad. I don't want to think about it. I am still recovering from an ocular migraine.
I am actually hard of hearing in speaking tones and have supersonic hearing for other things. It's really annoying for others because I want the TV volume low and use closed captions. Haha. My three kids can't stand that I can't listen to them all at once. :p
I can't stand the tv. I love my husband and toddler, I stuff my head under a pillow. Or, just turn everything down and get that "look".
Champions League Football GIF

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I suspect tinkering may void the warranty I never plan to use anyway. At some point I may get motivated to check under the hood and give it a few drops of machine oil, though. Good idea!
I would unplug each fan and see if it is just one or both. also,

Here are videos of my system noise.

Skimmer, stays plugged in and all the noise around.. Blah blah blah, you will understand.

the system at work, me playing with the controller to ramp up the fans high speed. Trying to not caugh, went for a walk, seasonal allergies at play. The loud rattle is the skimmer, does it now and again.

The skimmer... no rattle in here. But very loud, you were warned.

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The truth makes me sad. I don't want to think about it. I am still recovering from an ocular migraine
Headache Migraine GIF

My green clown goby and ALL OF MY NEW TURBOS are MIA. I swear to God, if those giant scarlet hermits killed them last night, I'm going to lose it.
Stay calm and don’t kill the crab
pity party mr crabs GIF

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled up most of my rock work — the goby is gone. :(

The turbos, thankfully, are all accounted for.

I tossed my dead hammer, Christmas favia, and the bleached remains of an acro, razor bladed my glass, and added a few new corals and a mini carpet nem (which has worked itself into a hole).

@AquaSD always comes through with gorgeous freebies. <3

D6B94174-3BD1-4569-8A2A-072C65E94A97.jpeg

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is an absolute game changer if it fits the application.
You can do anything with tslot.
My ceiling is to high and slanted for hangers. This is what I did with Tslot. I have total access to my system.
My next stand will be Tslot instead of welded steel.
20211102_170109.jpg

MaxTremors

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pulled up most of my rock work — the goby is gone. :(

The turbos, thankfully, are all accounted for.

I tossed my dead hammer, Christmas favia, and the bleached remains of an acro, razor bladed my glass, and added a few new corals and a mini carpet nem (which has worked itself into a hole).

@AquaSD always comes through with gorgeous freebies. <3

D6B94174-3BD1-4569-8A2A-072C65E94A97.jpeg
AquaSD. IME, is one of the best vendors there is. Prices are great, shipping is reasonable, frags are always big, and they always through in freebies. The only thing I wish they’d do is put what size frag plug each frag is on, or for larger pieces put how big they are so that you can plan accordingly, might not seem like a big issue for people with bigger tanks, but it’s a huge deal for people with nanos (this is the first time in my entire reefing career that I’ve had to really think how much free space I have, I’ve generally always had several tanks and could always fit whatever in somewhere). But, yeah, love AquaSD (it’s vendor I chose for the pumpkin contest prize, got some awesome stuff coming next week!)

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AquaSD. IME, is one of the best vendors there is. Prices are great, shipping is reasonable, frags are always big, and they always through in freebies. The only thing I wish they’d do is put what size frag plug each frag is on, or for larger pieces put how big they are so that you can plan accordingly, might not seem like a big issue for people with bigger tanks, but it’s a huge deal for people with nanos (this is the first time in my entire reefing career that I’ve had to really think how much free space I have, I’ve generally always had several tanks and could always fit whatever in somewhere). But, yeah, love AquaSD (it’s vendor I chose for the pumpkin contest prize, got some awesome stuff coming next week!)
Now that you mention it... The bigger cynarina I got from them had a size listed, but most things don't. I wonder why it's not consistent

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree. They are the first vendor I made a big coral purchase through, and I have been consistently impressed. AquaSD, REEFTIDE, and POTO are my go-to vendors -- I have had great experiences with all of them. I definitely agree that dimensions would be nice. I always imagine things way bigger than they really are, though.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm gonna call it. Between the murderous crabs mantis shrimp, dramatic fans, and sudden pond scum outbreak, I decided to move the corals and fish back to my main tank.

My snowflake clowns and lemon damsels have been mercilessly bullying my tomato clown, which I knew was a possibility, but hoped wouldn't happen. They're backing off a bit, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this tank will remain murder-free.

Fare thee well, 40B. I hardly knew thee.

Last edited:

unchaotic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been stated a few times...they are using googletranslate. Not only is it next to possible to convey context and nuance in the written form, but imaging going through language barriers and an incorrect translation.
I actually offered to help edit their posts. I rewrote the whole 2nd Thanksgiving giveaway post as an example. But I suppose if they are using Google Translate instead of simply struggling to write things themselves they couldn't fully understand the difference.

@kittenbritches are you planning to sell the NP lights or are they going to want them back? I might be willing to tinker around under the hood.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually offered to help edit their posts. I rewrote the whole 2nd Thanksgiving giveaway post as an example. But I suppose if they are using Google Translate instead of simply struggling to write things themselves they couldn't fully understand the difference.

@kittenbritches are you planning to sell the NP lights or are they going to want them back? I might be willing to tinker around under the hood.
They reached out to me about a week or so ago and stated that the person who had been responding in this thread has "resigned." If they were concerned about that person's customer service skills, it wasn't all lost in translation.

I haven't decided what I'm doing with the lights yet. I may give them to my sister -- and if she doesn't want them I may sell them. We'll see.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back