How Will My Noo-Psyches Grow? (RETIRED)

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is thay you mounted them to?
I originally had them mounted with the single screw in the paw to a single t slot aluminum rail. I changed my design where I have two rails held the correct distance apart with small pieces of rail. It allows me to hang the lights by putting 4 machine screws into the light itself and the head of the screws slide into the two rails. Here is a picture that shows the rail from the side and is a little easier to see how I did it.
20211106_001114.jpg

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You guys, it's the best day of my life.

My weird film algae bloom and disappearance was swiftly replaced by a fun hair algae situation, but I'm not even mad. For one, it looks pretty majestic billowing in the water, and for two, I just got some big-ace turbo snails that are MOWING IT DOWN. Seriously, I am *elated* with how quickly they're tearing through it.

Turbo Trail.jpg

Turbo progress.jpg

Watch this video with the sound on so you can hear my NP fans kick on. :oops:

Also, I found my ruby mithrax white and belly-up and was quite sad about it.

Mithrax Molt.jpg

Joke's on me...it's a molt. I have never seen one SO in-tact. It seriously looked like the whole dang crab. He is HUUUUGE now!!

Finally, my LiveAquaria order today was the first in which all livestock arrived happy, healthy, and alive. I'm finally done with the LA credit death-loop, and everything looks great!

And you really do just have to bear with my terrible photos. I don't know why they are suddenly turning out so 1980s.

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

My weird film algae bloom and disappearance was swiftly replaced by a fun hair algae situation, but I'm not even mad. For one, it looks pretty majestic billowing in the water, and for two, I just got some big-ace turbo snails that are MOWING IT DOWN. Seriously, I am *elated* with how quickly they're tearing through it.

Turbo Trail.jpg

Turbo progress.jpg

Mithrax Molt.jpg

Joke's on me...it's a molt. I have never seen one SO in-tact. It seriously looked like the whole dang crab. He is HUUUUGE now!!

Finally, my LiveAquaria order today was the first in which all livestock arrived happy, healthy, and alive. I'm finally done with the LA credit death-loop, and everything looks great!

And you really do just have to bear with my terrible photos. I don't know why they are suddenly turning out so 1980s.
That is very loud, and sounds bad. My fans have a very smooth run to them, your's sound like a dying engine

When I learn how to turn audio on my camera, I will.
Edit: also, sounds like my protein skimmer.... I wonder if they are related...?

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is very loud, and sounds bad. My fans have a very smooth run to them, your's sound like a dying engine

When I learn how to turn audio on my camera, I will.
Edit: also, sounds like my protein skimmer.... I wonder if they are related...?
What brand is your skimmer? Is it the motor that's loud, or do you think it's rattling against something?

I had everything, including the filter, turned off in that video (other than silent powerheads).

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Turbo Trail.jpg

Turbo progress.jpg

Mithrax Molt.jpg

I can’t play the video but with fans it works really well if you take them out and drop a bit of oil on them (I use bike chain oil). Depending on model you may find the best point under the sticker. Works with fans in computers probably same would apply to these.
if works don’t tell NP you can make their application better with some simple inventions :p
quiet GIF by Captain Obvious

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t play the video but with fans it works really well if you take them out and drop a bit of oil on them (I use bike chain oil). Depending on model you may find the best point under the sticker. Works with fans in computers probably same would apply to these.
if works don’t tell NP you can make their application better with some simple inventions :p
quiet GIF by Captain Obvious
I suspect tinkering may void the warranty I never plan to use anyway. At some point I may get motivated to check under the hood and give it a few drops of machine oil, though. Good idea!

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What brand is your skimmer? Is it the motor that's loud, or do you think it's rattling against something?

I had everything, including the filter, turned off in that video (other than silent powerheads).
It's a motor that is rattling, and it has no brand. The ceramic unit does not sit nice and snug, very loose and wobbly. It is a generic model from the SCA aquariums (made in china) I believe.
Your fan is either not seated well, or poorly made. What is another issue that causes the clunky sounds? Something with a ball bearing not being right, if they have those still. Which would cause the fan to wobble. Cannot be fixed.

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't actually hear anything.
Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

It's a motor that is rattling, and it has no brand. The ceramic unit does not sit nice and snug, very loose and wobbly. It is a generic model from the SCA aquariums (made in china) I believe.
Your fan is either not seated well, or poorly made. What is another issue that causes the clunky sounds? Something with a ball bearing not being right, if they have those still. Which would cause the fan to wobble. Cannot be fixed.
I hope Santa brings you a new skimmer!

OP
OP
kittenbritches

kittenbritches

The Cat's Pajamas
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm mostly deaf and normally only halfway listening. 3 kids have trained me that if I'm always listening, I'll constantly be irritated with someone
I am actually hard of hearing in speaking tones and have supersonic hearing for other things. It's really annoying for others because I want the TV volume low and use closed captions. Haha. My three kids can't stand that I can't listen to them all at once. :p

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am actually hard of hearing in speaking tones and have supersonic hearing for other things. It's really annoying for others because I want the TV volume low and use closed captions. Haha. My three kids can't stand that I can't listen to them all at once. :p
Is this an actual thing? I have that too. Let’s give it a name and call it SD (supersonic deaf) ;)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back