How would you describe your tank to someone who has never seen your tank before

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One day, you and a friend are talking about different hobbies, and they ask you to describe your tank to them, what would you say? Would you say it is this big glass container filled with life? A home for where fish swim and do fish things? Curious to know what everyone's response would be!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine always has to include that these “corals” are actually living animals and not rock or decor.

So three islands full of colorful fish that come from all over the world and coral that’s a living animal! Also when the coral grows big I get to take razor blades and cut it in fragments and it will grow another whole coral! I can also feed the coral from anywhere in the world using a controller. Here, want to see a live video?

Geebs19

Give me all the Euphyllia
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with revtree, has to mention corals especially since im heavy LPS. With my torches I always get the "oh thats a cool anemone, no no thats a torch coral and then it goes down the rabbit whole.

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Describing it without being infront of it is impossible.

Most people when they think fish tank - who are not fish people - think of a 15g tank sitting on a counter with some goldfish or guppies.

For the last year at our house the focus has been on getting and setting up a 750g aquarium (120x48x30) trying to explain how big that is to people is a task. Then trying to explain that the whole thing is full of life, and how much life there is of so many different kinds....

Do you tell them it's like every scene and creature in 'Finding Nemo' within the size of a large dining room table. Or think of it like Avatar 2, in a box, in your living room with a lot less polical messages, a much quieter setting, and a restroom.

Best thing to do is to pull out the phone and start showing off photos like a proud parent.

Dave B

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 33.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back