How would you feel if I tore it all down?

jbow50

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep your actinics only for about 3 to 4 weeks. No whites. Slowly introduce them in 30 minute increments weekly. Worked for me after a 5 day blackout.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Brother we all go to that mode of thought at some point. I will read further, but I'll bet if you do a tear down that you'll be back. :)

Oh it's settled, it's not coming down! HA!

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh it's settled, it's not coming down! HA!

I know I’ve already said this (some posts back) but won’t you prefer to enjoy a reef instead of battling that and in the end if you succeed you’ve wasted a lot of time and money and probably don’t have a clue of what really worked.

I’ve been there and also witness people leaving the hobby because of that.
Just my honest opinion...

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'll be the cynical poo poo head here. ;Troll

@revhtree After you've stopped dosing vibrant and 6 months down the road, if there isn't a rebloom, then lets discuss success with vibrant ;Smuggrin

5 months down and my tank is only get overrun by coralline! :) I got one more month to convince you! :p

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've waited months for this!! Keep rubbing it in haha! I rather see success than stress. I'll eat my words ;Eggonface;Hilarious

Listen I know you do! You tried to help me as much as anyone and I'm just happy to report success so far! Thanks for being there for me!

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be the cynical poo poo head here. ;Troll

@revhtree After you've stopped dosing vibrant and 6 months down the road, if there isn't a rebloom, then lets discuss success with vibrant ;Smuggrin
5 months down and my tank is only get overrun by coralline! :) I got one more month to convince you! :p
Fantastic! I'm so happy for you! This should make you feel great knowing that you can control dino's when you rip out your 8ft tank and replace it with a 10 footer! :p
I'm as big a Vibrant fan as there is but let's be real about this. The reason your tank is clean of dino's isn't because of Vibrant. It is because of all the other methods you used to increase biodiversity in your tank. Vibrant allowed you to keep the dino's knocked back long enough for this biodiversity to be established. I feel Vibrant is a powerful tool in the toolbox, but without everything else you did it wouldn't have lead to long term success. I know you realize this, I just don't want anyone to see this and think Vibrant is a cure all.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fantastic! I'm so happy for you! This should make you feel great knowing that you can control dino's when you rip out your 8ft tank and replace it with a 10 footer! :p
I'm as big a Vibrant fan as there is but let's be real about this. The reason your tank is clean of dino's isn't because of Vibrant. It is because of all the other methods you used to increase biodiversity in your tank. Vibrant allowed you to keep the dino's knocked back long enough for this biodiversity to be established. I feel Vibrant is a powerful tool in the toolbox, but without everything else you did it wouldn't have lead to long term success. I know you realize this, I just don't want anyone to see this and think Vibrant is a cure all.

Definitely not a cure all but the vehicle that got me there!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh and still dino free! :p

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
17 months ago...

2F16EF8B-B644-455D-BFA9-355161728FA6.jpeg

Few weeks ago...

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’m whining but I sure do need some encouragement!

How would you as members here feel if I tore down my 400g basement tank? I’m seriously close. Lol!

Dinos have pushed me to the edge of jumping. Yes it’s confirmed Dinos, I’ve added UV, conducted a blackout, driven my nitrates and phosphates up, dosed peroxide, added miracle mud and still losing for almost 10 months now and losing bad! Not a little bit of dino but a ton!

All the corals have been in a frag tank that’s plumbed to the main system and they are growing very well. Just can’t put anything in tbe main tank.

I am seriously considering tearing it all down and I know that’s not the right attitude but I’m tired of throwing money and time at a box of uncurabke algae. Very bad for a saltwater aquarium site to say that but I just need to be real.

:(
Ever heard of the song "Celebration". By Cool & the Gang
That's what I will be playing all day long. I'm tired of your whining.Haha

Screenshot_2019-10-02-09-26-08-1.png

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really Stunning tank Great job!
At the far bottom left is a orange blue coral that caught my eye. What is that?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back