Howdy from Montana

BOMBreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone! I've been reefin' for about 15 years now. Came from a bustling community in Southern California, and just moved the family to MT in April. Brought a tank I bought from a buddy with me (Waterbox 130.4), and hope to have it running by early spring 2023. Since I cannot find a fellow reefer out here in rural Montana figured I'd jump back in the forums, and make some friends. I've dabbled in forums including RC, NR, SoCaliReefs and l. Reef2Reef seems like a great spot and I'm looking forward to sharing my tank build and learning from others.

Give me a follow @BOMBreef on instagram. I'm hoping to fly down to some shows next year once I get my tank wet.

Last edited:

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
OP
OP
BOMBreef

BOMBreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
welcome-5.gif

Welcome to Reef2Reef! What does the reefing scene look like in that area of the country? Aside from not finding a fellow reefer, where is the closest LFS that would have what you need?

So far it's very sparse. There's a shop in Western Montana - Missoula to be exact called ReefMissoula about 40 min away from me. We've also got a Petco w/ your typical SW section.

Wrassenaround

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it's very sparse. There's a shop in Western Montana - Missoula to be exact called ReefMissoula about 40 min away from me. We've also got a Petco w/ your typical SW section.
Ahh that's similar to my situation here in KY. We have one LFS that gets saltwater in but its pretty small. I usually order stuff online or make occasional trips to other areas.

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy everyone! I've been reefin' for about 15 years now. Came from a bustling community in Southern California, and just moved the family to MT in April. Brought a tank I bought from a buddy with me (Waterbox 130.4), and hope to have it running by early spring 2023. Since I cannot find a fellow reefer out here in rural Montana figured I'd jump back in the forums, and make some friends. I've dabbled in forums including RC, NR, SoCaliReefs and l. Reef2Reef seems like a great spot and I'm looking forward to sharing my tank build and learning from others.

Give me a follow @BOMBreef on instagram. I'm hoping to fly down to some shows next year once I get my tank wet.

Welcome! Glad you joined.

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID). It's never too early, even though you are planning Spring setup!

This might help you find people local to you in Montana:

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 32 17.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 34 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 42.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back