How's it going R2R! New addition from the CA Central Valley

Brucealmighty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello and welcome to R2R one tip to keep your new tank looking like new, never let any salt water spill on the viewing windows when it does wipe and dry it asap don't let it run all the way down the glass/acrylic to the bottom because it will cause problems in the future happy reefing :)

Crypto Bitcoin GIF by Cyril Blondel

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,

I've been a lurker here for a long time but I've been making steps toward starting up my first reef so I figured it was time to join and I'm excited to be here!

I've had two low tech freshwater planted tanks going for about 5 years a 29 and a 5.5. but the whole time my interest has really been with the marine side of the hobby. I've spent a significant amount of that time researching reef keeping on this forum, watching YouTube videos, and listening to podcasts.

But what kept me from starting up for so long was my desire to have a large tank with all the bells and whistles and the associated exponentially increasing cost of that tank.

But I actually want to enjoy a tank in my home not in my head so I'm going to start smaller and simpler. So I've got a 40 breeder, a plan for a diy stand, and now a place to come and ask about budget minded but quality pieces of equipment to get me going on this journey.

I look forward to contributing some build threads to this forum and more once I've gotten my feet wet.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!

Welcome! Glad you joined.

I reef on a budget, so I find these helpful (and inspirational threads):

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. I wish I had started while still in planning phase, which sounds like you may be. I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)

This is a good reference book type online article I still review:

attiland

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everybody,

I've been a lurker here for a long time but I've been making steps toward starting up my first reef so I figured it was time to join and I'm excited to be here!

I've had two low tech freshwater planted tanks going for about 5 years a 29 and a 5.5. but the whole time my interest has really been with the marine side of the hobby. I've spent a significant amount of that time researching reef keeping on this forum, watching YouTube videos, and listening to podcasts.

But what kept me from starting up for so long was my desire to have a large tank with all the bells and whistles and the associated exponentially increasing cost of that tank.

But I actually want to enjoy a tank in my home not in my head so I'm going to start smaller and simpler. So I've got a 40 breeder, a plan for a diy stand, and now a place to come and ask about budget minded but quality pieces of equipment to get me going on this journey.

I look forward to contributing some build threads to this forum and more once I've gotten my feet wet.

Thanks for reading if you made it this far!
Welcome to R2R

Welcome to R2R.JPG

Back