r2r doesnt shut you out for no reason
you actually get replies and answers

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello we are a reef forum like Reef Central. I for one like reefcentral just fine and I hang out there. So while we may be alike, we are both different in our own ways.

PLEASE no other forum bashing.

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
LOL! No big deal bro please....

I wasn't posting that at anyone, just reminding us all. :D

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefCentral is great... without it, my tank wouldn't be as good as it is. I found a local club through it, there is some great advice on there, etc.

However, it can be a bit militant. And I believe thats probably because of their size... which is fine, because from what I understand they'll work with you too most of the time. I've never had a problem there.

Reef2Reef is great because its smaller and more intimate. You see more people you "know" more often and can be a bit more relaxed. There is just as good information here (and a lot of the same members here) and maybe even extra info on zoas. ;)

Both are great forums that I take part in, too! :)

Brandon

hardcz

A.T.P.N.F.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as stated above, reefcentral is like another board I frequent, michiganreefers... .both are run by people who seem to have this commie mindset where they rule and anyone who doesn't like it is executed...err put down. Anywho they make a good deal of cash, don't appear to give back much other than in information. Now I have learned and continue to learn a great deal from those two communities, though I feel the lack of communication and feedback when asking direct questions to super mods and the site owner.... heck a canned response to a specific question is pretty lame, especially when the response has nothing to do with the question.

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like both places well enough, but I feel more inclined to participate here due to the size and closer community feel. I will admit though, due to the size, sometimes questions go unanswered, at which point I will post it on RC. I would say that I personally use RC if I want to find out something where I need lots of opinions (say, the best way to setup a refugium). If I want to trade corals and talk about other more everyday reef topics, I do that here. Also, premium members here are treated very well with giveaways and premium selling areas....at RC, you get to actually search the forums if you are a premium member.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone is going to have opinions no matter ware you go but at least here they give you a voice or chance to stick your foot in your mouth lol.Anyways alot of good people who's advice I respect not abunch of know it alls reading out of a book and I could sponsor other boards but I choose only two this one and a local board "PNWMAS" as I feel if I cant feel like I can contribute or chate with folks why sponsor the board plus there reasonable on pricing here lol.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't we love TEC!!! :D

reefcleaners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I think all the successful forums, (like reef2reef), have something unique to offer there guests, whether it is because the specialize in different kind of tanks, or different localities, they all have something to offer their users.

fly guy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most all forums have soemthing to offer, you have to find out for yourself which ones you like. And while reefcentral defintely has its negatives, you will be serioulsy cutting yourself short if you dont browse and ask questions and participate there. the amount of info and experience there is untouchable at this point

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My favorite forums are lps, zoanthids, photography, and Large Reef Tanks. :D

On a side note if we will continue to put resources into R2R here then we can become a staple in the reef community as well. My dream is to be full of info like reefcentral with a nice homey feeling for the members that we have now. The goal of R2R is to be a partner with the hobbyist and to partner with those who's lively hood are in this industry.

Smarsh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well when I first got into this hobby 4 years ago, I asked a question on reefcentral and the response was "go read a book". That is what I got. No one took the time to explain to me what I asked. I had read several books at that point and was asking for verification.

I never went back. I LOVE R2R, everyone has always been more than nice to me here. I've bought very nice corals from the sponsors and learned lots from the members and the giveaways are a bonus.

Sandy

Tankguy001

Reef Hobbyist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually like RC , never had any issues. R2R seems very friendly to me and Its fun to come in browse. I was turned on to R2R from fellow Vegas Reefer Keeperz. I also think its more intimate here. I generally focus on our Las Vegas club site (LVVR) , RC and R2R.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back