Huge Fighting conch missing. Help!

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 4-inch fighting conch in a 75gallon. I know conchs hide for days, but I have 3 other small Tiger conchs that are always out and about. This guy, hasn't showed up for months. But when he does he usually knocks all the frags and small rock above him. I used a stick to scout the sand in open areas but couldn't find him. Is it possible conchs got stuck under the rock and died?

20210303_161431.jpg

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could have died or just does not like showing itself. I have a few conchs and sometimes I do not see them for months. Of course, mine are smaller and in a 210g tank. Plus, I cannot see in with tank lights off, so not seeing form months is about right. :)
Hope he is okay.

OP
OP
Subnautica

Subnautica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could have died or just does not like showing itself. I have a few conchs and sometimes I do not see them for months. Of course, mine are smaller and in a 210g tank. Plus, I cannot see in with tank lights off, so not seeing form months is about right. :)
Hope he is okay.
Update: He suddenly showed up today!!! I'm so happy the guy didn't get stuck and died miserably lol. I swear I haven't seen him for 3+ months. :)

20210307_160007.jpg

s1oliver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one and he did the same thing, I wondered if he had died and then all the sudden one morning I walk out and there he is. Sometimes he'll stay out for a week or so and then will bury himself again for a while, funny little creatures they are.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 39 47.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 17 20.7%
  • None.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.8%
Back