Hungry hungry white worm eating mandarin video!!!

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a similar video in the paul b white worm thread but this is a much better video showing how awesome white worms are and how much my mandarin loves them. She is swimming in the open water column to get her food! She is a fat happy little mandarin who just loves some white worms!!!

Last edited:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hahahah i checked 4 times so far and my eyes are great there is no maderin in there !
I watched it more than 4 times... ;Oldman, ya know, just to be sure...:rolleyes:

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Baaaa, don't sweat it. Nice! I can see that for sure.

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, i should try this with my mando. on an unrelated note, but has anyone noticed how BIG pyjama cardinals are? Like, with most fish, you see them online then you go to the store and theyre so much smaller, but the first time i saw a cardinal i was shocked! It was huge! I dont much like the look of em but i may get one because they are colorful.

TriggerFinger

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great video!! He hovers like a chubby little sausage! Love it!! I don’t see a whole lot of target mandarins; can you give some more information about it? How long have you had it? Is it wild caught? Any issues feeding initially? It’s obviously doing very well with you!

OP
OP
afboundguy

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We’re u getting ur white worms from
I got a starter culture from a fellow member of my local club...
That IS a happy chubby little Goober.
Yes she is... But my wife says I shouldn't comment on female weights lol
Great video!! He hovers like a chubby little sausage! Love it!! I don’t see a whole lot of target mandarins; can you give some more information about it? How long have you had it? Is it wild caught? Any issues feeding initially? It’s obviously doing very well with you!
Got her captive bred from a LFS. She was eating frozen when I got her. I never really paid attention to if she eats and prepared food as I feed the tank brine shrimp daily through a spot feeder and have pod and phyto cultures and see plenty of pods on the glass still so I don't worry about her eating. Well I shouldn't say that sometimes I worry she'll choke on the white worms lol.

I got her when she was maybe 1" big and she's pushing 3"+ now the little pigger....

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted a similar video in the paul b white worm thread but this is a much better video showing how awesome white worms are and how much my mandarin loves them. She is swimming in the open water column to get her food! She is a fat happy little mandarin who just loves some white worms!!!

That's a good solution to the problem of keeping a Mandarin fed. Where do you get the worms ?

OP
OP
afboundguy

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a good solution to the problem of keeping a Mandarin fed. Where do you get the worms ?

I got them from a member of my local club. It's amazing I offer to give them away for free to supporting members of my local club and nobody wants them... I have two freebie samples I made up from last batch that I'm giving to a sponsor/friend of my club so he can start a culture and sell some since he gets way more foot traffic selling out of his basement. I told him I want a commission or continued preferred pricing on frags lol

I may consider selling some cultures but I would have to dig into how they do shipping-wise

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got them from a member of my local club. It's amazing I offer to give them away for free to supporting members of my local club and nobody wants them... I have two freebie samples I made up from last batch that I'm giving to a sponsor/friend of my club so he can start a culture and sell some since he gets way more foot traffic selling out of his basement. I told him I want a commission or continued preferred pricing on frags lol

I may consider selling some cultures but I would have to dig into how they do shipping-wise
If the worms are those annelid detritus worms, I would like to buy a culture from you. You could just put a couple of handfuls of sand that are full of the worms into a jar and ship them overnight, I would think. I will gladly pay for them and reimburse you for shipping if you are willing to do that for me.

OP
OP
afboundguy

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Clownfish_Boy I don't think they're annelid detritus worms I'm pretty sure they're Enchytraeus albidus worms like in this article...

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice video. It also looks like you have a well worn "Paulb" mandarin feeder in there. Do you still use it?

BTW, I didn't name it that.

josvanmeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, i should try this with my mando. on an unrelated note, but has anyone noticed how BIG pyjama cardinals are? Like, with most fish, you see them online then you go to the store and theyre so much smaller, but the first time i saw a cardinal i was shocked! It was huge! I dont much like the look of em but i may get one because they are colorful.
Same for chromis. I have seen some that are so huge like almost the size of tangs it’s insane

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 32 59.3%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 25.9%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back