Hurricane Ian Who's riding it out?

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a text that the Sanibel Causeway collapsed. All those people who live there are trapped. The power is out there too. Does anyone know if this is true? I can't image this could happen since it is about 10 years old made out of steel and cement

ETA:
Screenshot_20220929-080143_Instagram.jpg

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tampa Bay area here I can't believe this storm, what a stressful few days and it's just barely past now, we got so lucky here, I'm so grateful and needed a few screens replaced anyway. My prayers go out for everyone involved with this

Attachments

• IMG_0867..jpg
    IMG_0867..jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 66

fishface NJ

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay safe, everyone. My wife's 90 year old grandmother is in a hospital in Fort Myers (she was there for a blood pressure issue and they kept her there due to the storm). She's been in Florida for over 40 years and couldn't care less about another storm. She's outlived 3 of her 6 children, her husband, and all of her siblings. She's as tough as she is stubborn!

For all of you with reef tanks, I hope you are well prepared. Harvey made it's initial landfall about 15 miles from my house. I was well prepared with a generator, etc. But my window unit a/c that I bought specifically for power outtages, died on me. I was HEAVILY invested (well into 5 figures) in the hobby and lost far more than I would like to mention... more than I even want to think about, lol. I was about 15 years into the hobby at the time and very seriously considered getting out. Glad I didn't, this hobby is like therapy for me. It keeps me sane. Once again, good luck to all of you in Ian's path. I hope that you, your loved ones, and your tanks all make it through this well.
Two hospitals were being evacuated to locations farther north. There are nine hospitals in Lee County that the state is looking at to determine whether or not they are going to be able to get the water restored to them or whether or not they are going to have to be evacuated.

tehmadreefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your the first Villigar is seen here. Is there a group og us?

Jetson
I have no clue lol

I highly doubt there’s many villagers with reef tanks however I’m not a true villager as I work for the villages. Not a retiree yet.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no clue lol

I highly doubt there’s many villagers with reef tanks however I’m not a true villager as I work for the villages. Not a retiree yet.
WWC services several reef systems here in The Villages. Still working to see if I can find out who they are and maybe get a local club going.

radreef02

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WWC services several reef systems here in The Villages. Still working to see if I can find out who they are and maybe get a local club going.

I work all around the villages and seen Red Sea tanks , so they’re out here for sure

Didn’t know WWC came this far

reeftankdude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to a client that lives in that area this afternoon. He said they usually stay, but because of the surge they pulled out of the area. Everyone should leave.

surge.PNG

OP
OP
jdpiii3

jdpiii3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope all my fellow reefers are doing well, it's heart wrenching seeing the devastation in the Fort Myers area my prayers and well wishes go out to anyone affected.

Thankfully here in Tampa we made out pretty well except for a few branches and small trees we only lost power for a short while.

Seeing the devastation to the South will really get you thinking about how prepared we really are for this intense of a storm.

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems at least a dozen so far thought they could ride it out instead of the required evacuations and unfortunately found out otherwise. Hoping there are not tons more but I am not so sure.

AKL1950

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you in the Caroline area, out thoughts are with you now. I hear the surge flooding is pretty bad. Hope it’s not as bad there as it was down south. Stay safe.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back