Hurricane relief frags

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The power finally came back at my house [emoji16][emoji120]. Being without power for 5 days took a toll on my sps (most are gone [emoji26]) and a few of the fish in my frag system. With that being said I feel like I was extremely lucky and fortunate. I know some of you lost the majority if not your entire systems. So I'd like to put together a frag pack or two to try to help fill in some of the bare spots. The pack(s) will be free of charge under the condition you help pay it forward to someone else down the road. If anyone else would like to donate a few frags towards a worth cause as well feel free to chime in.

brett_schn

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the 7th day with no power. My stuff looks ok because of a generator. I might be able to frag some of my stuff up. I only have cheap stuff though and only have small frags of it. Right now my tank is 6 months Hence no colonies and stuff.

OP
OP
G8rNation

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m on the 7th day with no power. My stuff looks ok because of a generator. I might be able to frag some of my stuff up. I only have cheap stuff though and only have small frags of it. Right now my tank is 6 months Hence no colonies and stuff.

Awesome! Im picking up a generator this week to make sure I'm prepared for next time.

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I just got my power back. It was off almost exactly 5 full days. I don't think I lost anything. I have 3 tanks going which made this a huge PITA. Two were on a generator and one was on a battery powered air stone. The one on the air stone normally has a chiller because it's in my garage but I poached the chiller to put on my other tank inside. Despite the garage being 90*+ and having no flow it looks like everything is just fine. This is truly only bc the corals in there I've had for a very long time and they've been through lots of stress over the years. Also, there are no fish to consume the O2. The other tanks needed lots of TLC to keep the chems in check (not all lights running and opening the house up for ventilation made the pH fluctuate) but all seems ok.

Once things stabilize from the stress of this over the next days/weeks I will have some frags I can donate as well. I look at it as an offering to the reef gods for sparing my SPS tank. Lol.

Best of luck to everyone in getting their tanks turned back in the right direction.

Thanks ,
Ed

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great teamwork wished I could contribute. I lost fish last one Acro and the rest of my Acro is Browning out. Anyway goodluck

tcarter1936

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in FL and was fortunate enough to have my generator. The tanks we're down only ten hours. And while very upset only a couple losses. Great job helping others. If my corals were happier and bigger right now I'd frag and contribute.

OP
OP
G8rNation

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my power back. It was off almost exactly 5 full days. I don't think I lost anything. I have 3 tanks going which made this a huge PITA. Two were on a generator and one was on a battery powered air stone. The one on the air stone normally has a chiller because it's in my garage but I poached the chiller to put on my other tank inside. Despite the garage being 90*+ and having no flow it looks like everything is just fine. This is truly only bc the corals in there I've had for a very long time and they've been through lots of stress over the years. Also, there are no fish to consume the O2. The other tanks needed lots of TLC to keep the chems in check (not all lights running and opening the house up for ventilation made the pH fluctuate) but all seems ok.

Once things stabilize from the stress of this over the next days/weeks I will have some frags I can donate as well. I look at it as an offering to the reef gods for sparing my SPS tank. Lol.

Best of luck to everyone in getting their tanks turned back in the right direction.

Thanks ,
Ed

Sounds great ed. It will take my frag tank a couple weeks to bounce back before I can make any frags as well. I lost a small blenny in my frag tank and couldn't find him to pull him out so my colonies in it aren't super happy right now. I'm sure with enough water changes everything will bounce back in a week or two

FL-Reefer-addict352

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Brandon my frag tank is empty for the most part right now if we need to store and cut stuff up also have 1k plugs we can use

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm going to host Sunday, Nov. 5. I am in SW Ocala near the walmart at 484/200.

I'll post some more info as it gets closer in a separate thread.

I'm planning on some drinks/snacks and talking about the chaeto reactor I made. I have three tanks total to look at: 150 sps, 60 mixed, and a 30 quarantine that I keep a few corals in. My SPS tank is still fairly young and everything was started from 1" sticks, so it's not too impressive yet, but it might give people some ideas to encourage others in the area to try SPS.... Ocala is like an Acropora black hole.

I am also planning on giving away a few frags to anyone who may have lost something from the fiasco with the hurricane.

Talk to you guys soon!
Ed

OP
OP
G8rNation

G8rNation

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to host Sunday, Nov. 5. I am in SW Ocala near the walmart at 484/200.

I'll post some more info as it gets closer in a separate thread.

I'm planning on some drinks/snacks and talking about the chaeto reactor I made. I have three tanks total to look at: 150 sps, 60 mixed, and a 30 quarantine that I keep a few corals in. My SPS tank is still fairly young and everything was started from 1" sticks, so it's not too impressive yet, but it might give people some ideas to encourage others in the area to try SPS.... Ocala is like an Acropora black hole.

I am also planning on giving away a few frags to anyone who may have lost something from the fiasco with the hurricane.

Talk to you guys soon!
Ed

Really looking forward to it ed. I may run a little late to this one but I'll definitely be swinging by

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back