Hurt clownfish, unknown cause

Kaedite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I have no idea what happened to my Clown. He wasn't like this yesterday.
The red area by his tail is not normal. He's swimming vertically IF he can swim and he struggles, so he's just laying on the ground. Big mama (the big girl in my tank) is protective of him from the others getting too close (he's her mate, the other 2 clowns are still very small).
I'm not sure what to do with him. I currently have him in a glass jar with holes in the main tank as I don't have a separate tank for quarantine.

20220701_133141.jpg 20220701_132855.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys, I have no idea what happened to my Clown. He wasn't like this yesterday.
The red area by his tail is not normal. He's swimming vertically IF he can swim and he struggles, so he's just laying on the ground. Big mama (the big girl in my tank) is protective of him from the others getting too close (he's her mate, the other 2 clowns are still very small).
I'm not sure what to do with him. I currently have him in a glass jar with holes in the main tank as I don't have a separate tank for quarantine.

Unfortunately, this clown has been battered and and is at the point of being lethargic and even moribund, meaning it likely is not active or eating and may or not make it. The best chance it has is being placed in an acclimation box and allowed to heal if its not too late.
If I had a suspect, Its another clown and larger in size often the female.
Can you provide a list of other occupants in the tank ?

OP
OP
K

Kaedite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately, this clown has been battered and and is at the point of being lethargic and even moribund, meaning it likely is not active or eating and may or not make it. The best chance it has is being placed in an acclimation box and allowed to heal if its not too late.
If I had a suspect, Its another clown and larger in size often the female.
Can you provide a list of other occupants in the tank ?
The other fish in the tank were a flame hawkfish, a diamond goby, 3 other clowns, 2 bubble tip, 1 leather, and gsp.

My poor fish didn't make it

OP
OP
K

Kaedite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

UPDATE: The poor guy didn't make it

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
UPDATE: The poor guy didn't make it
As I stated chances were not high, and sorry to hear. As suspected, another clown. . . just which one

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back