HVRK Reef Meet- Saturday October 19 in Stormville

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two master reefers and both really great guys. It will be nice to speak with them on the 19th.

sponge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an abundance of purple star polop's . These grow extremely well ,and everwhere. I can bring them with me if anyone is interested . These do spread,so a softie tank would be best for them IMO .

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy you can add Michael Cherubini. He'll be coming along as well.

He owns HVFNR local coral importer and maintenance spot. He's looking to connect with more seasoned hobbyists to improve his local connections and knowledge of the hobby.

OP
OP
rhdoug

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already did Adam, I added him a couple of days ago! Do you know if he is planning on bringing corals? I think I'm going to set up a spare 10 g tank with heated/circulated SW just to hold frags. Here is an updated list:

@mattdg -- lots of frags!
@Chessmanmark -- dessert, frags
@amoore311 -- frags, beer
@Michael J Cherubini
@Falco
@sponge - Purple star polyps (if anyone is interested)
@Kilroy
@TTTony -- frags, clowns, snacks

KCStoker

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already did Adam, I added him a couple of days ago! Do you know if he is planning on bringing corals? I think I'm going to set up a spare 10 g tank with heated/circulated SW just to hold frags. Here is an updated list:

@mattdg -- lots of frags!
@Chessmanmark -- dessert, frags
@amoore311 -- frags, beer
@Michael J Cherubini
@Falco
@sponge - Purple star polyps (if anyone is interested)
@Kilroy
@TTTony -- frags, clowns, snacks

KCStoker

He's coming right from a morning service appointment so no frags from him this time I don't think. I'll message if that changes.

OP
OP
rhdoug

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No prob on the frags.

I thought it might be helpful to start a list of what people are looking for in terms of frags (or equipment) so it could be brought to the meet. Some folks have already done so, I added what I could find.

Here is a start -- please feel free to copy and edit this list if you are looking for something specific.

rhdoug -- Looking for: Zoas or encrusting corals that could conform to a vertical rock face. medium to low light, moderate flow. Maybe a green monti cap.

mattdg -- Looking for: ORA Red Planet, ORA Pearlberry, Ice Fire Echinata, Purple Bonsai acro, Tenuis, Ponape Birdsnest, watermellon, rainbow and bubblegum chalice, Christmas Tree worms, Gorgonian corals. Equipment - 100-200 watt heater, Prop circulation pumps, medium / small algae magnet, frag plugs and discs, plastic aquarium tongs

amoore311 -- Looking for: SPS frags

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to let anyone know that if they’re interested I have a lot clown fish, orange and black orange. I would like to trade those for frag’s.

ED87B1C1-C95E-4DE2-911C-EE888D667143.jpeg

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had a terrific meeting today with a nice turn out. It was great to see everyone. I’m hoping that we can get the club going on a regular basis again.

Thank you Randy for being such a good host opening your house to the club and sharing your incredible tanks with us. Giving out frags was a bonus.

I personally want to thank Chris, Matt and Randy for the frags that you shared with me. I’m excited to start rebuilding my reef.

It was nice to see old friends and to meet a new reefer. We hope to see you at future meetings Zack. I not so great at remembering new names so I hope I got that right.

The next step is to schedule a new host, hopefully for November.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Randy for opening up your home for us for the afternoon. The tank looks great as always. It honestly felt like no time had passed since the last time I saw everyone at a meeting.

If anyone is going to Michael's next Sunday for a BBQ and to buy some corals I'll see you there!

November meeting wise, everyone is welcome to meet up here at my house. Plenty of space here.

Thanks also to Chris and Matt for the frag swap!!!

Randy I thought I grabbed a gorgonian frag but I guess I didn't lol, I'd love to grab one next time we see each other. I want to, hopefully, get a signature piece from everyone's tank locally in the group for the 300, and I'll be showcasing them on their own rock outcrop once the tank is up and running.

Chessmanmark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chess tournament on the 16th. Any other day and I’ll be there.

I like the idea of a piece from everyone’s tank. Many of these corals have a story to tell. First thing I did when I got home was log who gave me each one.

Before Adam left he was talking about dosing his tank with one part. I heard Randy at BRS discussing this in one of his videos, however this concept was new to some of our members. I had just heard of it a few weeks ago and was surprised when Adam said that he has a DIY recipe already. I want to start a new thread on this and perhaps Adam will weigh in and share his knowledge and experience on this topic with the club.

amoore311

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a chess tournament on the 16th. Any other day and I’ll be there.

I like the idea of a piece from everyone’s tank. Many of these corals have a story to tell. First thing I did when I got home was log who gave me each one.

Before Adam left he was talking about dosing his tank with one part. I heard Randy at BRS discussing this in one of his videos, however this concept was new to some of our members. I had just heard of it a few weeks ago and was surprised when Adam said that he has a DIY recipe already. I want to start a new thread on this and perhaps Adam will weigh in and share his knowledge and experience on this topic with the club.

I just made a post in the group with the recipe a couple hours ago, check it out. I"d be glad to help out or answer any questions about it. Working GREAT for me thus far.

TTTony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really had a great time seeing some of the old members of the Reef Club And meeting a few new people.
And of course our surprise show up member!
Thank you Randy , for hosting and setting me up with quality frags again, I left with out a gorgonian !? Also Thanks to everyone else for all the frags as well , there settling in nicely , Count me in for a meet sometime in the future.

OP
OP
rhdoug

rhdoug

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy I thought I grabbed a gorgonian frag but I guess I didn't lol, I'd love to grab one next time we see each other. I want to, hopefully, get a signature piece from everyone's tank locally in the group for the 300, and I'll be showcasing them on their own rock outcrop once the tank is up and running.

Sorry about that, I thought I gave you one too. I have one with your name on it! Good idea on the signature pieces!

Back