Hybrid Filter Sock Combines both Mesh and Felt

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new hybrid filter sock from Poseidon Flow Technologies is an interesting new concept in getting reef aquarium water as clean and clear as possible. While not displayed by themselves at MACNA 2019 last weekend, a closer look inside the swanky new Proteus sumps by Poseidon revealed some very interesting filter socks the likes of […]
Source

Continue reading...

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks like a great idea! I hate filter socks, the felt ones clog to fast and the mesh ones don’t catch enough waste.. this just could be the perfect solution.

Retro Reefer

Slow and steady wins the race!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both types simultaneously and it works great. Put the mesh sock inside the felt sock. The mesh traps bigger particles and makes cleaning the felt sock much easier.

What a great idea!

doodledreads

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both types simultaneously and it works great. Put the mesh sock inside the felt sock. The mesh traps bigger particles and makes cleaning the felt sock much easier.
Simple and effective. I just started using filter floss on and off and it seems to do a great job

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long ago I didn't have filter socks...not even sure I knew about them. Anyway, I had a basket in the sump filled with filter floss and the water went into that before the sump. My water in that tank was always very clear. Floss was cheap and I would remove it every week.

AQUANATURE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm old school back when bio balls were the craze, I'm desperately looking for an alternative to socks as the socks full of crap sits in your water like a tea bag with no good bacterial process to break down that waste, even if it is for 4 days then you replace the sock with a new one only to start the process of crap sitting in your tank again

so my point is what if you over sized your skimmer inst that better then socks?

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Socks polish the water well because all the water goes through them. Chances are not all the particles are going to be suspended and all of them make it into the skimmer. If you use socks or something similar all the water going into your sump will go through those.

chema

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea. However, Is it really easy to put one inside the other taking into the account that both have the same neck diameter?

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can get the mesh bags that have a draw string. Put it inside and fold the top over the plastic lip of the felt filter sock.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back