Hybrid TTM to treat all parasites!

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO, this is a regular TTM on the 72 hour transfers cycle for 4 rounds, but add 75ppm hydrogen peroxide for 30minutes before the first and third transfer?

Feeding GC and Focus in food concurrently with this will remove internal parasites too. Then 2 weeks follow up observation.

Sounds good

The schedule on page 1 is a little confusing to be honest.

@Victoria M - how did mr Foxface do?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am fairly certain @Humblefish has tried it on all of the above successfully but I’ll let him confirm
Are you serious?

I could be putting a pair of ruby red dragonets through TTM and feeding live pods, and doing the H2O2 treatments NEXT WEEK, instead of being scared off because my freebie scooter blenny wouldn’t eat pellets?

Is that right?

Victoria M

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
SO, this is a regular TTM on the 72 hour transfers cycle for 4 rounds, but add 75ppm hydrogen peroxide for 30minutes before the first and third transfer?

Feeding GC and Focus in food concurrently with this will remove internal parasites too. Then 2 weeks follow up observation.

Sounds good

The schedule on page 1 is a little confusing to be honest.

@Victoria M - how did mr Foxface do?
I added details about the foxface earlier in this thread. But he ended up doing great, and I kept him a small clean tank with mature biofilter for an additional 3-4 weeks to observe and feed.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added details about the foxface earlier in this thread. But he ended up doing great, and I kept him a small clean tank with mature biofilter for an additional 3-4 weeks to observe and feed.
Thanks Victoria!

DID you do the black molly test?

I’m thinking of acclimating a few mollies and giving this a go with the fish I posted in my thread this morning. Just need confirmation that it works on those species.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
real dumb question here, but why not do the bath as soon as you get the fish (day 1) and then again before transferring on day 6? and then another one for good measure at the end before transfer to observation tank? last one being redundant i suppose?

i've never done TTM and it sounds like a lot of work.. but this sounds mighty appealing!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
real dumb question here, but why not do the bath as soon as you get the fish (day 1) and then again before transferring on day 6? and then another one for good measure at the end before transfer to observation tank? last one being redundant i suppose?

i've never done TTM and it sounds like a lot of work.. but this sounds mighty appealing!

This was mentioned earlier in the thread and it is absolutely possible to do an initial dip instead of waiting according to Humble. :)

Really glad to see these new methods popping up as I start to hammer out a QT plan for my new setup.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was mentioned earlier in the thread and it is absolutely possible to do an initial dip instead of waiting according to Humble. :)

Really glad to see these new methods popping up as I start to hammer out a QT plan for my new setup.

doh! totally missed it, thanks!

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hybrid TTM follows the same 72 hour transfer cycle for 4 rounds. The only difference is you are dosing 75 ppm (or 150ppm) H2O2 TWICE 6 days apart. I recommend doing it right in the transfer tank, 30 minutes before the end of transfers 1 & 3. Just remember to cease all aeration/circulation during the H2O2 bath. You want to do it in still water.

I have tested 150 ppm H2O2 on over 60 different species now with no ill effects. This includes dragonets, anthias, wrasses and other "sensitive" fish.

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hybrid TTM follows the same 72 hour transfer cycle for 4 rounds. The only difference is you are dosing 75 ppm (or 150ppm) H2O2 TWICE 6 days apart. I recommend doing it right in the transfer tank, 30 minutes before the end of transfers 1 & 3. Just remember to cease all aeration/circulation during the H2O2 bath. You want to do it in still water.

I have tested 150 ppm H2O2 on over 60 different species now with no ill effects. This includes dragonets, anthias, wrasses and other "sensitive" fish.

This is fantastic news!!

How many millimeters of H2O2 per gallon of water to reach 150ppm?

Any updates on the reason why to use glass and not a plastic container. H2O2 is bought in plastic containers so I’m curious as to why you only recommend glass.

OP
OP
H

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many millimeters of H2O2 per gallon of water to reach 150ppm?

20 ml of 3% H2O2

Any updates on the reason why to use glass and not a plastic container. H2O2 is bought in plastic containers so I’m curious as to why you only recommend glass.

It's mostly anecdotal; the researchers in Australia sometimes noticed strange behavior when fish were given a H2O2 bath in a plastic container vs. glass. It might have been because they weren't using a "food grade" plastic which was less of a thing back when the experiments were first conducted. I prefer glass so I can observe the fish straight on throughout the bath.

HomeSlizzice

Wrasse/Angelfish nut!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20 ml of 3% H2O2

It's mostly anecdotal; the researchers in Australia sometimes noticed strange behavior when fish were given a H2O2 bath in a plastic container vs. glass. It might have been because they weren't using a "food grade" plastic which was less of a thing back when the experiments were first conducted. I prefer glass so I can observe the fish straight on throughout the bath.

Awesome! Thank you for the dosage info.

As for the plastic vs glass. That makes sense. So as long as it’s an appropriate food grade container it’s probably fine. Although, Having a perfect clear glass container being obviously ideal. Good to know! Thanks again!

I’ll be testing this on my next batch of fish

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll be testing this on my next batch of fish

Me too. I’ve been procrastinating due to my last 2 QT efforts being protracted 6-7 week battles against appetite loss, bacterial infections, lethargy etc.

Next batch will be a Midas blenny, starry blenny and a flasher wrasse. I’ll be doing a detailed report on my thread. Once they are clear, I’ll be doing the dispar shoal I’ve been dreaming about. First attempt got 6/7 fatalities (uronema) so it would be amazing if the second attempt was successful

Do you plan to go a black molly check during observation? I’m torn- wife is against it but I see value in it given that it’s a pretty standard practice in aquaculture, and I’d be treating them ethically. Haven’t decided yet

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@neilp2006 50 species of fish is a lot of different fish.
Sure, but I just wanted to confirm more delicate species had been tried. I’d hate myself for trying it on some dragonets and cause an issue when a question would have clarified it.

I’m so excited to try this. Thanks for looping me in!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back