Hybrid TTM to treat all parasites!

Yellow17165161

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would this work in 5 gallon buckets? I’m thinking of using it to quarantine a Midas Blenny, also is tap water fine for this?

NJC123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Humblefish How do you feel about the effectiveness of TTM every 24hrs (not 36 or 72hrs) ? Seems like it would work knowing the lifecycle of both velvet and ich?

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going for my very first attempt at hybrid TTM this weekend so just want to make sure these points are fine:
  • H202 "dip" -- acceptable to use QT tank for the "dip" by just mixing the peroxide in before move to next tank (((accurate knowledge of water volume for H202 ratio assumed)))
  • NEVER EXCEED 72 HOURS for each transfer -- so planned 71 hours for each transfer should be fine, meaning an hour less isn't a reason to add on extra transfers, right?

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going for my very first attempt at hybrid TTM this weekend so just want to make sure these points are fine:
  • H202 "dip" -- acceptable to use QT tank for the "dip" by just mixing the peroxide in before move to next tank (((accurate knowledge of water volume for H202 ratio assumed)))
  • NEVER EXCEED 72 HOURS for each transfer -- so planned 71 hours for each transfer should be fine, meaning an hour less isn't a reason to add on extra transfers, right?

I wouldn't do any H2O2 dip other than using fresh saltwater. In fact I try to do one every 3 days in between transfer instead of 6 days.

You can transfer anytime before 72hour and the next 72hour starts from the moment of fish is in the new vessel/tank.

I'm doing 24hr TTM, for velvet with good success.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't do any H2O2 dip other than using fresh saltwater. In fact I try to do one every 3 days in between transfer instead of 6 days.
I see -- thought I read that H202 mixed right into the QT tank (30 min before transfer) would be fine but maybe I misread something.

I guess I'll do H202 dip separately. Just seemed easier right in the tank rather than trying to keep fish from jumping out of small container.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see -- thought I read that H202 mixed right into the QT tank (30 min before transfer) would be fine but maybe I misread something.

I guess I'll do H202 dip separately. Just seemed easier right in the tank rather than trying to keep fish from jumping out of small container.
You are correct. This is what makes it "Hybrid" TTM. The H2O2 dip helps protect against velvet and brook. I like to do the dip in a 5 gallon bucket. Wait 30 mins and then put into the first TTM tank. And yes, 71 hours is a good timeframe so as not to go over. I do the same for the second H2O2 dip. If followed correctly, TTM works well and IMO/E is less harsh on the fish. I've had 0 fish deaths using TTM.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back