HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by hybridazn, Jan 27, 2015.

1. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

@hybridazn got me intrigued in KZ Coral Snow awhile back. I love that fresh look carbon provides, but I didn't really want to run alot of Rox. I've tried KZ Coral Snow twice now and I love it. My RedSea reefer has never looked crystal clear like my AIO, potentially my MacroAlgae Reactor is the cause, but it looks like the water isn't there after CoralSnow.

I intend to use it every Sunday night and 1.5ml is fine for RedSea Reefer 170, so a $20 bottle will last me almost 15 months.

GoVols and prsnlty like this.

2. HolisticBear

HolisticBear Valuable Member R2R Supporter Reef Tank 365 Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

You should watch a video of it to prepare yourself. It looks like pouring chalk into your tank, so doing it at night makes sense. I also recall that in general the dosages on KZ products are the maximum doses, not the recommended starting doses. I first tried it an hour before lights went out, so I could watch it. Just used 1.0ml, worked up to 1.5ml the second week, and intend to stay with that.

3. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Thank you Justin :D

GoVols likes this.
  4. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

GoVols likes this.
  5. 120reefkeeper

120reefkeeper Reef keeping with Military Precision! R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

6. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I haven't noticed any issues, but I've only been using it for about 4-5 months so far

prsnlty, GoVols and HolisticBear like this.
  7. GoVols

GoVols "VFL" R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Hybird,

Please help

Do you dose it with the reef energy?
    How many days of the week do you dose it?
    And did it have any effect on your phos. and nitrates?

I don't want my phos. and nitrates to bottom out. :eek:

Freddie

prsnlty and HolisticBear like this.
  8. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

I dose 5ml of CS daily after lights out. I also dose my nopox and energy at the same time and have not seen any ill effects from it.

Energy a & b are dosed twice a week and nopox daily.

prsnlty, HolisticBear and GoVols like this.
  9. GoVols

GoVols "VFL" R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thank You!!! :)

HolisticBear and hybridazn like this.
  10. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member Partner Member 2018

So u dose the coral snow daily if I'm reading that correctly?

hybridazn likes this.
  11. hybridazn

That is correct.

12. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member Partner Member 2018

U think there would be a downside of doing it every other day? I'm doing it strictly to see if it kills dem snails

hybridazn likes this.
  13. hybridazn

I dont think so, at first I was only dosing twice a week. only in the last couple months have I started dosing daily

HolisticBear likes this.
  14. justingraham

Any benifits to doing it this way?

hybridazn likes this.
  15. hybridazn

Here are some pics from today!

up first a blasto, but not just any blasto. I'm sure you all have heard of a bounce shroom, but how about a bounce blasto?
    IMG_0021 5.JPG

Pretty crazy eh?

Here is another boring blasto growing in the tank
    IMG_0022 2.JPG

And my acans growing. Although I've noticed that since I got my nutrients in check that my acans have taken a bit of a dive. I'm going to start target feeding them soon.
    IMG_0023 2.JPG

16. hybridazn

Not really, I just enjoy the fresh carbon look daily haha.

HolisticBear, GoVols and prsnlty like this.
  17. prsnlty

Nice! Are you still using carbon?

GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  18. hybridazn

Yes, I still use 3/4 cup of ROX and change it out every 2-3 weeks. I run 100gph thru the reactor and when it drops below 70gph I know it's time to change it lol

19. prsnlty

Ok. I use twice that but I change it out monthly. That is unless something bad happens in the system then it's sooner. However I don't generally use Rox on a normal basis. I use the EVS carbon. I don't think it's nowhere near as good at stripping the tank as Rox LOL

hybridazn and GoVols like this.
  20. GoVols

;Woot ;Woot

jsker, HolisticBear and hybridazn like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted