OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I use twice that but I change it out monthly. That is unless something bad happens in the system then it's sooner. However I don't generally use Rox on a normal basis. I use the EVS carbon. I don't think it's nowhere near as good at stripping the tank as Rox LOL

Yup ROX strips the water like crazy, but with the fish load I have plus heavy feedings I welcome it lol

;Woot ;Woot

Yuuuuup hahaha

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuff is looking good, I see...

Yea all in all my tank seems to be trending up again. No more stupid experimenting for me, I'm done. Lol

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more goodies from @Bulk Reef Supply came in yesterday.

20170819_015531.jpg

2x Reefbrite supra slimline t5 fixtures
2x ATI blue+ bulbs
And some more BRS swag. The camelbak water bottle :)

I'm adding a couple t5s to the 180.

Here are a couple shots of one of the fixtures out of the box
20170819_021144.jpg

20170819_021154.jpg

And here is the backside
20170819_021205.jpg

The fixture is well made and lightweight. It's made of a nice stainless steel construction that looks sleek (although I'd prefer black haha)

I'll be making a run to Lowe's to figure out how to mount these things, but I do have a idea floating around in my head lol.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some more goodies from @Bulk Reef Supply came in yesterday.

20170819_015531.jpg

2x Reefbrite supra slimline t5 fixtures
2x ATI blue+ bulbs
And some more BRS swag. The camelbak water bottle :)

I'm adding a couple t5s to the 180.

Here are a couple shots of one of the fixtures out of the box
20170819_021144.jpg

20170819_021154.jpg

And here is the backside
20170819_021205.jpg

The fixture is well made and lightweight. It's made of a nice stainless steel construction that looks sleek (although I'd prefer black haha)

I'll be making a run to Lowe's to figure out how to mount these things, but I do have a idea floating around in my head lol.
Those are the LED replacement bulbs for the fluorescence correct? They look really nice I wonder if they put off the same PUR as well as PAR? I can't wait to see how they work out in your system. So where did you get those fixtures if you don't mind me asking?

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are the LED replacement bulbs for the fluorescence correct? They look really nice I wonder if they put off the same PUR as well as PAR? I can't wait to see how they work out in your system. So where did you get those fixtures if you don't mind me asking?

I'll be running all 3 types of lighting over the 180 now, the bulbs are ATI blue+(my favorite bulb they have).

I got them from bulk reef supply.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be running all 3 types of lighting over the 180 now, the bulbs are ATI blue+(my favorite bulb they have).

I got them from bulk reef supply.
My man that's what I want to put in my canopy as well please keep me updated on how they work it for ya.

Quick question on width of the Supra what is it? Same size as the xho's?

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My man that's what I want to put in my canopy as well please keep me updated on how they work it for ya.

Quick question on width of the Supra what is it? Same size as the xho's?

I'll take measurements later today for you but they are much wider than the xho led strips

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I mean as in the leds that look like t5 bulbs and are a replacement for the florescent bulbs. Not the fixtures.
Jackie,
I tried 2 of those E5 Blue Pops in my t5 lineup once.
Freaked my BTA's out.
Finally took one of them apart. All they were, was those Home Depot mini led strips (that you can buy in long rolls) wrapped into a plastic shell.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, I mean as in the leds that look like t5 bulbs and are a replacement for the florescent bulbs. Not the fixtures.

Oooh, I see. Sorry I front think I'd ever run those over any tank. They didn't seem like they performed well. Reefbrite has released a cheaper led strip from their tech line that look promising.

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oooh, I see. Sorry I front think I'd ever run those over any tank. They didn't seem like they performed well. Reefbrite has released a cheaper led strip from their tech line that look promising.
That's what I was thinking or you'd be hearing more talk about them. Reefbrites are something I'm considering when my AI's kick it so I'm interested in how well that line does :)

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I was thinking or you'd be hearing more talk about them. Reefbrites are something I'm considering when my AI's kick it so I'm interested in how well that line does :)
My whole light line up is reefbrites no complaints from this guy in fact just got two replacement bulbs from tulio

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jackie,
I tried 2 of those E5 Blue Pops in my t5 lineup once.
Freaked my BTA's out.
Finally took one of them apart. All they were, was those Home Depot mini led strips (that you can buy in long rolls) wrapped into a plastic shell.
That's what I was thinking when I first heard of them. I couldn't see how they could be as good as or better than a florescent t5. These are 2 totally different types of lighting. To even attempt to mimic the same spread alone of a t5 the casing tube should look like hundreds of tiny lenses to keep each led bulb from having a 'beam' to it. JMO

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got the t5 fixtures mounted and hooked up, but I must say I am very disappointed in them to this point. Every time they turn on they trip my gfci! It doesn't matter if I only turn one on or both on at the same time, it always trips. At first I thought it was the extension cord I was using because after I swapped it out they both came on without tripping. But then when they were programmed to come on this evening they popped again.

I am definitely frustrated but I'm sure @Bulk Reef Supply will take care of me. I sent them an email just now concerning this. So I guess for now these things are coming down :(

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the issue?

#reefsquad
#mods
#apexusers

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back