HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by hybridazn, Jan 27, 2015.

1. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yup ROX strips the water like crazy, but with the fish load I have plus heavy feedings I welcome it lol

Yuuuuup hahaha

jsker, GoVols and prsnlty like this.

2. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Stuff is looking good, I see...

GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  3. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Yea all in all my tank seems to be trending up again. No more stupid experimenting for me, I'm done. Lol

HolisticBear, GoVols and mdbannister like this.
  4. hybridazn

Some more goodies from @Bulk Reef Supply came in yesterday.

20170819_015531.jpg

2x Reefbrite supra slimline t5 fixtures
    2x ATI blue+ bulbs
    And some more BRS swag. The camelbak water bottle :)

I'm adding a couple t5s to the 180.

Here are a couple shots of one of the fixtures out of the box
    20170819_021144.jpg
    20170819_021154.jpg

And here is the backside
    20170819_021205.jpg

The fixture is well made and lightweight. It's made of a nice stainless steel construction that looks sleek (although I'd prefer black haha)

I'll be making a run to Lowe's to figure out how to mount these things, but I do have a idea floating around in my head lol.

5. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Those are the LED replacement bulbs for the fluorescence correct? They look really nice I wonder if they put off the same PUR as well as PAR? I can't wait to see how they work out in your system. So where did you get those fixtures if you don't mind me asking?

6. hybridazn

I'll be running all 3 types of lighting over the 180 now, the bulbs are ATI blue+(my favorite bulb they have).

I got them from bulk reef supply.

GoVols, justingraham and mdbannister like this.
  7. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member Partner Member 2018

My man that's what I want to put in my canopy as well please keep me updated on how they work it for ya.

Quick question on width of the Supra what is it? Same size as the xho's?

prsnlty, hybridazn and GoVols like this.
  8. hybridazn

I'll take measurements later today for you but they are much wider than the xho led strips

GoVols likes this.
  9. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I didn't see 60" t5 leds :(

10. hybridazn

These are the single t5 fixtures, no leds.

GoVols likes this.
  11. prsnlty

Sorry, I mean as in the leds that look like t5 bulbs and are a replacement for the florescent bulbs. Not the fixtures.

GoVols likes this.
  12. GoVols

GoVols "VFL" R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Jackie,
    I tried 2 of those E5 Blue Pops in my t5 lineup once.
    Freaked my BTA's out.
    Finally took one of them apart. All they were, was those Home Depot mini led strips (that you can buy in long rolls) wrapped into a plastic shell.

HolisticBear, prsnlty and jsker like this.
  13. hybridazn

Oooh, I see. Sorry I front think I'd ever run those over any tank. They didn't seem like they performed well. Reefbrite has released a cheaper led strip from their tech line that look promising.

jsker, GoVols and prsnlty like this.
  14. 915MANG

915MANG Well-Known Member Build Thread Contributor

Looks like you need to put that new BRS Glass to work!

15. jsker

jsker Reefing is all about the adventure Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

;Stig

prsnlty, hybridazn and GoVols like this.
  16. hybridazn

Oooooh yea! Haha

GoVols likes this.
  17. prsnlty

That's what I was thinking or you'd be hearing more talk about them. Reefbrites are something I'm considering when my AI's kick it so I'm interested in how well that line does :)

GoVols likes this.
  18. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor NJRC Member Partner Member 2018

My whole light line up is reefbrites no complaints from this guy in fact just got two replacement bulbs from tulio

prsnlty and GoVols like this.
  19. prsnlty

That's what I was thinking when I first heard of them. I couldn't see how they could be as good as or better than a florescent t5. These are 2 totally different types of lighting. To even attempt to mimic the same spread alone of a t5 the casing tube should look like hundreds of tiny lenses to keep each led bulb from having a 'beam' to it. JMO

GoVols likes this.
  20. hybridazn

So I got the t5 fixtures mounted and hooked up, but I must say I am very disappointed in them to this point. Every time they turn on they trip my gfci! It doesn't matter if I only turn one on or both on at the same time, it always trips. At first I thought it was the extension cord I was using because after I swapped it out they both came on without tripping. But then when they were programmed to come on this evening they popped again.

I am definitely frustrated but I'm sure @Bulk Reef Supply will take care of me. I sent them an email just now concerning this. So I guess for now these things are coming down :(

Does anyone have any ideas on what could be the issue?

#reefsquad
    #mods
    #apexusers

HolisticBear, GoVols and kireek like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted