HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by hybridazn, Jan 27, 2015.

1. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

Thank you!

GoVols likes this.

2. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member Photo of the Month Award R2R Excellence Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

A couple pics I just took.

FTS (boy does it look empty)
    IMG_0040 11.51.42 PM.JPG

Happy Blastos
    IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0044 1.JPG
    Some acan love
    IMG_0046 2.JPG
    IMG_0059.JPG

Oregon Tort with some nice PE
    IMG_0049 1.JPG

A favia from Aqua SD @mdbannister hopefully remembers its name. I'm too lazy to go back thru the thread to find it myself lol

IMG_0053 1.JPG
    AV99 Orange Crush being happy
    IMG_0055.JPG
    Reef Raft Pink Cadillac recovered and is happy
    IMG_0061 1.JPG

Thats all for pics today!

Thanks for looking!

3. mdbannister

mdbannister Ahh...the Reef Life Staff Member Team R2R R2R Excellence Award SCMAS Member Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I think it's the "burning gem favia." It's looking great!

prsnlty, GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  4. hybridazn

Thank you good sir! You are correct!

GoVols and mdbannister like this.
  5. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Even though it looks a tad empty it is looking very healthy and happy George! Love it!

....wish I could say the same for mine

hybridazn likes this.
  6. GoVols

GoVols VFL R2R Supporter MTRCMember Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

Jackie,
    Is your 180 still struggling?

7. Brew12

Brew12 Electrical Gru R2R Supporter Reef Squad Leader Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

He's probably going to show off and actually grow things in his.... ;Blackeye

hybridazn, prsnlty and GoVols like this.
  8. prsnlty

prsnlty Jackie R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Yes, but I'll talk about that on my thread ;)

9. prsnlty

Lol yeah, I suspect the same thing!

hybridazn, Brew12 and GoVols like this.
  10. GoVols

GoVols VFL R2R Supporter MTRCMember Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Article Contributor Partner Member 2018

I figure... :confused: Hybird's going to whip out a Giesemann Spectra MH/T5 :)

hybridazn, prsnlty and Brew12 like this.
  11. hybridazn

Thanks Jackie! Things def seem to be doing better now that I've stopped messing around with things

Yup that's the plan! I'm working toward a losing this acro killer name I've got lol

:(

Haha I wish! I could splurge for that fixture but I would rather buy corals! Lol

Besides, my hamilton/reefbrite led/reefbrite t5 concoction is working it seems lol

Brew12, prsnlty and GoVols like this.
  12. prsnlty

Yes I believe that's the key. I used to be an Acro Killer too! Well technically I still am but I did get them to grow quite well for a while until the tank crashed.... You got this! Can't wait to see what your brewing up :D

And no, I'm not going to put my long-winded explanation as to why my tank is doing badly on your thread LOL it'll get better I'm sure.

Brew12, hybridazn and GoVols like this.
  13. hybridazn

There is a frag swap coming up and I got some gems rolling in :)

That will be a fun update

GoVols and Brew12 like this.
  14. hybridazn

So this weekend I decided it was time to part ways with this old girl...

20180210_110135.jpg

Here it is all loaded up ready for the long trip.

And here it is at her new destination..

20180210_142515.jpg

It's here where the skimmer will be.....

For a couple weeks or so lol :p

@geo at Geo's Reef let me bring it to his shop to repair the leaking valve on it. He has to basically redo about half of the hard plumbing on it. He will be adding a couple unions to it so if this ever happens again I can just swap the valve out myself.

The family and I had the 3 hour trip to his shop, while we were out that way we stopped at a LFS rivers to reefs. It is a pretty nice store I felt. We then drove a bit further to Easton to do some shopping. It was rainy and cold so we didn't do much shopping lol, but we did get some Jenny's ice cream! That's some of the best in the biz if you ask me.

I can't wait to get this skimmer fixed and back online lol

Thanks again @geo !

mdbannister and GoVols like this.
  15. GoVols

Dang Hybird...
    I just about choked ;Dead on that update :confused:

Glad your fixing her up :)

hybridazn likes this.
  16. hybridazn

It's an oldie but a goodie hahaha. With the dual ehiem 1262's it pulls out used motor oil type skimmate haha.

HolisticBear and GoVols like this.
  17. Fin

Fin Is it wet yet? R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Louisiana Reef Club

I bet Geo's shop would be a neat place to visit. Nice skimmer.

GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  18. hybridazn

It was an experience. I was hoping @geo had a sump in stock to try and sell me while I was there lol. He was working on a what looked to be a decent sized CaRX order for a vendor.

Fin likes this.
  19. Fin

Fin Is it wet yet? R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Louisiana Reef Club

His sumps are pretty sweet. I already had mine by the time I had noticed the ones he is making now. Too bad I only have room for one sump. :)

hybridazn likes this.
  20. hybridazn

They are pretty sweet. I'll see get one if I ever upgrade displays, or if I can convince my wife into letting me ditch my current sump for a new one hahaha

Fin likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted