HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

Discussion in 'Member Tanks' started by hybridazn, Jan 27, 2015.

1. fabutahoun

fabutahoun Fadi Abu Tahoun R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Nice !!!!

I have the same rack for more than a year, me and my frags are very satisfied :D. it is now full of coralline algae and some coral encrust. looks like that I'll need to soak it with vinegar to clean

hybridazn likes this.

2. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

They are not enclosed, but it does look like there is a thin layer of epoxy or something over them.

I'm liking the rack as well so far, but my goody desjardini keeps swimming by knocking frags out of it. I have a plan for that so stay tuned lol

fabutahoun likes this.
  3. hybridazn

hybridazn Acro killer..... Staff Member Team R2R R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member R2R Excellence Award Photo of the Month Award Showcase Editor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

@fabutahoun here is what I am up to with the frag rack

20180223_040354.jpg

I ordered the 40 long building an obsession frag rack by itself. I'll be mounting this to the n52 to utilize this instead of the egg crate style the n52 has. I'll be using Weldon to secure the new rack to the old and obviously I'll do some trimming to make it look clean. Hoping to get this done this weekend.

4. fabutahoun

fabutahoun Fadi Abu Tahoun R2R Supporter Reef Spotlight Award Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor

Nice !!! Great Idea. I was thinking to order some stuff from building an obsession, I got a top down camera box from them and I like it, defiantly will give it this rack a try.
    Sorry to high jack, I needed to make a quick frag rack, and where I live it needs few weeks for things to arrive from the US and my quick solution for a frag rack was some egg-crate tide with zip ties and held by a mag float

IMG_2147.JPG

prsnlty, GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  5. hybridazn

I just got home a little bit ago from the Lear swap!

20180224_184218.jpg

As you can see from this quick picture, I should have a decent update coming in the very near future.

6. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018 NJRC Member

Looks like someone met up with Tim

Hey how are you liking the Reefbrite t5 retro?

aquavista99, GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  7. hybridazn

So far so good. It still occasionally trips the gfci but it's few and far between. When I rip out the sump to clean that area I will probably swap out the gfci with a new one. I'm almost certain that's my issue at this point.

prsnlty and GoVols like this.
  8. justingraham

justingraham Valuable Member R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018 NJRC Member

So my plan is to get two of the singles and make a xho t5 halide t5 xho sandwich since you are running pretty much the same thing what bulbs would u recomend? My halide is a 14k I beleive

GoVols and hybridazn like this.
  9. bkhunt

bkhunt Active Member

Looking good! I am jealous of the zoas! I have stupid majanos and a few aptasia that I brought in on a frag or two somewhere along the line. I have a filefish to keep them in check but also ate all my zoas and most of my palys except for the 2 ugly ones I wish it would eat.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2018
  10. hybridazn

I love the ATI blue+, gives great par and keeps that par even after months of use. The color it gives to corals is also a plus.

Thanks! It's been a long road but things are doing good now. Most of the zoas aren't mine in the pic, I picked them up for a local friend who couldn't make the swap. I did get a few zoa frags though.

prsnlty, GoVols and bkhunt like this.
  11. hybridazn

So my acclimating is complete for tonight. The rack is now beyond full

20180225_001247.jpg

And here is a quick teaser pic, and by quick I mean cell phone haha. The SC Orange Passion I picked up from @Big E instantly got PE as soon as I put it in the tank.

20180225_001137.jpg

More pics to come later, right now I'm exhausted.

12. fabutahoun

Nice Frags !!

Can you share the list of coral names ?

13. Big E

Big E Well-Known Member

Lookin good George..............that's quite a haul.

14. justingraham

how far away is your t5s from the tank?

We pretty much got the same corals from Tim except looks like u got the beach bum and I got the home wrecker

15. hybridazn

Thanks! I picked up the following

Jason Fox beach bum (my original piece I gave to Tim a while back)
    Citr red dragon
    Diabolic pacman
    Reef Raft Skittles
    Ora pearlberry
    Bubblegum milli
    Sunset envy
    Pc superman
    Ora turquoise staghorn
    Crt delight
    Reef hero Canada blue demon
    Sc orange passion
    Mantis drop the Mic acro
    Mantis plum crazy acro
    Ora Hawkins
    Reefshine guys rainbow milli
    Asd yellow efflo
    Another milli I can't remember lol
    Cherry corals white walker zoa
    Sc playboy bunnies

There are a couple others that are escaping me right now haha.

Thanks Ed! Yea man I'm excited to get this tank full again. Thanks again for the great pieces!

They are close, within 6" from the water surface.

I almost pulled the trigger on the homewrecker since I almost my last piece of it that I got from @Renton777 last year, but I decided that getting a few other pieces in place of that made more sense at this point. I really want to fill this tank up again lol

16. JaimeAdams

JaimeAdams Valuable Member R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

I got a nice pice of that Plum Crazy for my "Office Tank", was pretty looking and got a killer deal. Maybe we can do a grow out ;).

prsnlty and hybridazn like this.
  17. hybridazn

Nice! I picked up one of the $20 frags, I couldn't pass it up

prsnlty likes this.
  18. GoVols

GoVols "VFL" R2R Supporter Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award MTRCMember Reef Tank 365 Article Contributor Build Thread Contributor Partner Member 2018

George,
    Are you still going to use your "Building an Obsession" frag rack?

hybridazn likes this.
  19. ReefQueen

ReefQueen Valuable Member R2R Supporter 3RMAS Member Reef Squad R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

psh is that all lol. Ok I might a little jealous because I thought I brought home a bunch, but I think you have me beat;). Erin and I sat on my living room floor sorting all of the corals out of our coolers like it was halloween candy, she still managed to go home with my goni somehow lol. That mushroom I got off of you is absolutely massive, I might have to move it out of the shroom tank and put it in the 90 lol. I had to giggle when I noticed the name last night haha.

Big E and hybridazn like this.
  20. bkhunt

bkhunt Active Member

Nice picks!! Beach Bum was one if I went I would have picked up. I go Steve’s tomorrow to pick up the one coral I did spring for - Walt Disney Acro. Can’t wait to see it in person as the photo the seller sent me it looks great.

hybridazn likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted