HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hehe, my magnets stay in place

@geo was planning on trying to have it done this week in time for the Lear swap, if it is great. If not not a huge deal, I'm more than willing to make another trip out there. Jenny's ice cream is enough to convince my wife to take a road trip there lol

Nice !!!!

I have the same rack for more than a year, me and my frags are very satisfied :D. it is now full of coralline algae and some coral encrust. looks like that I'll need to soak it with vinegar to clean

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess I will have to whip out my super glue then:p. I couldn't really tell in the video, are the magnets on yours enclosed on the outside like they are on the inside, or are they just bare magnets?

They are not enclosed, but it does look like there is a thin layer of epoxy or something over them.

Nice !!!!

I have the same rack for more than a year, me and my frags are very satisfied :D. it is now full of coralline algae and some coral encrust. looks like that I'll need to soak it with vinegar to clean

I'm liking the rack as well so far, but my goody desjardini keeps swimming by knocking frags out of it. I have a plan for that so stay tuned lol

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fabutahoun here is what I am up to with the frag rack

20180223_040354.jpg

I ordered the 40 long building an obsession frag rack by itself. I'll be mounting this to the n52 to utilize this instead of the egg crate style the n52 has. I'll be using Weldon to secure the new rack to the old and obviously I'll do some trimming to make it look clean. Hoping to get this done this weekend.

fabutahoun

Angels and Acros
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@fabutahoun here is what I am up to with the frag rack

20180223_040354.jpg

I ordered the 40 long building an obsession frag rack by itself. I'll be mounting this to the n52 to utilize this instead of the egg crate style the n52 has. I'll be using Weldon to secure the new rack to the old and obviously I'll do some trimming to make it look clean. Hoping to get this done this weekend.

Nice !!! Great Idea. I was thinking to order some stuff from building an obsession, I got a top down camera box from them and I like it, defiantly will give it this rack a try.
Sorry to high jack, I needed to make a quick frag rack, and where I live it needs few weeks for things to arrive from the US and my quick solution for a frag rack was some egg-crate tide with zip ties and held by a mag float

IMG_2147.JPG

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got home a little bit ago from the Lear swap!

20180224_184218.jpg

As you can see from this quick picture, I should have a decent update coming in the very near future.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like someone met up with Tim

Hey how are you liking the Reefbrite t5 retro?

So far so good. It still occasionally trips the gfci but it's few and far between. When I rip out the sump to clean that area I will probably swap out the gfci with a new one. I'm almost certain that's my issue at this point.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far so good. It still occasionally trips the gfci but it's few and far between. When I rip out the sump to clean that area I will probably swap out the gfci with a new one. I'm almost certain that's my issue at this point.
So my plan is to get two of the singles and make a xho t5 halide t5 xho sandwich since you are running pretty much the same thing what bulbs would u recomend? My halide is a 14k I beleive

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good! I am jealous of the zoas! I have stupid majanos and a few aptasia that I brought in on a frag or two somewhere along the line. I have a filefish to keep them in check but also ate all my zoas and most of my palys except for the 2 ugly ones I wish it would eat.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my plan is to get two of the singles and make a xho t5 halide t5 xho sandwich since you are running pretty much the same thing what bulbs would u recomend? My halide is a 14k I beleive

I love the ATI blue+, gives great par and keeps that par even after months of use. The color it gives to corals is also a plus.

Looking good! I am jealous of the zoas! I have stupid majanos and a few aptasia that I brought in on a frag or two somewhere along the line. I have a filefish to keep them in check but also ate all my zoas and most of my palys except for the 2 ugly ones I wish it would eat.

Thanks! It's been a long road but things are doing good now. Most of the zoas aren't mine in the pic, I picked them up for a local friend who couldn't make the swap. I did get a few zoa frags though.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my acclimating is complete for tonight. The rack is now beyond full

20180225_001247.jpg

And here is a quick teaser pic, and by quick I mean cell phone haha. The SC Orange Passion I picked up from @Big E instantly got PE as soon as I put it in the tank.

20180225_001137.jpg

More pics to come later, right now I'm exhausted.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how far away is your t5s from the tank?

We pretty much got the same corals from Tim except looks like u got the beach bum and I got the home wrecker

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice Frags !!

Can you share the list of coral names ?

Thanks! I picked up the following

Jason Fox beach bum (my original piece I gave to Tim a while back)
Citr red dragon
Diabolic pacman
Reef Raft Skittles
Ora pearlberry
Bubblegum milli
Sunset envy
Pc superman
Ora turquoise staghorn
Crt delight
Reef hero Canada blue demon
Sc orange passion
Mantis drop the Mic acro
Mantis plum crazy acro
Ora Hawkins
Reefshine guys rainbow milli
Asd yellow efflo
Another milli I can't remember lol
Cherry corals white walker zoa
Sc playboy bunnies

There are a couple others that are escaping me right now haha.

Lookin good George..............that's quite a haul.

Thanks Ed! Yea man I'm excited to get this tank full again. Thanks again for the great pieces!

how far away is your t5s from the tank?

We pretty much got the same corals from Tim except looks like u got the beach bum and I got the home wrecker

They are close, within 6" from the water surface.

I almost pulled the trigger on the homewrecker since I almost my last piece of it that I got from @Renton777 last year, but I decided that getting a few other pieces in place of that made more sense at this point. I really want to fill this tank up again lol

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a nice pice of that Plum Crazy for my "Office Tank", was pretty looking and got a killer deal. Maybe we can do a grow out ;).

Nice! I picked up one of the $20 frags, I couldn't pass it up

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
George,
Are you still going to use your "Building an Obsession" frag rack?

ReefQueen

Amphiprion Admirer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Citr red dragon
Diabolic pacman
Reef Raft Skittles
Ora pearlberry
Bubblegum milli
Sunset envy
Pc superman
Ora turquoise staghorn
Crt delight
Sc orange passion
Mantis drop the Mic acro
Mantis plum crazy acro
Ora Hawkins
Asd yellow efflo
Sc playboy bunnies

psh is that all lol. Ok I might a little jealous because I thought I brought home a bunch, but I think you have me beat;). Erin and I sat on my living room floor sorting all of the corals out of our coolers like it was halloween candy, she still managed to go home with my goni somehow lol. That mushroom I got off of you is absolutely massive, I might have to move it out of the shroom tank and put it in the 90 lol. I had to giggle when I noticed the name last night haha.

bkhunt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I picked up the following

Citr red dragon
Diabolic pacman
Reef Raft Skittles
Ora pearlberry
Bubblegum milli
Sunset envy
Pc superman
Ora turquoise staghorn
Crt delight
Sc orange passion
Mantis drop the Mic acro
Mantis plum crazy acro
Ora Hawkins
Asd yellow efflo
Sc playboy bunnies

There are a couple others that are escaping me right now haha.

Thanks Ed! Yea man I'm excited to get this tank full again. Thanks again for the great pieces!

They are close, within 6" from the water surface.

I almost pulled the trigger on the homewrecker since I almost my last piece of it that I got from @Renton777 last year, but I decided that getting a few other pieces in place of that made more sense at this point. I really want to fill this tank up again lol

Nice picks!! Beach Bum was one if I went I would have picked up. I go Steve’s tomorrow to pick up the one coral I did spring for - Walt Disney Acro. Can’t wait to see it in person as the photo the seller sent me it looks great.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.6%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 15.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 73 42.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%
Back