HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@bif24701 and anyone else following for an update on the WAV situation.

I'm just received an email from them stating that they will be covering all repairs under warranty(it is well past the warranty) and will be shipping it back to me soon!

That’s great! Good to hear! Maybe the costumer support has improved with Neptune. That’s a real good thing then.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s great! Good to hear! Maybe the costumer support has improved with Neptune. That’s a real good thing then.
And especially because I have two WAVs myself lol.

Honestly I've never had an issue with their customer service myself. They have always been good to me.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hybird,
Congrats with Neptune and your WAV's.

You said since you took them off, that you had better polyp extension.

Are you going to run the WAV's when they come home?

Thanks, Freddie

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hybird,
Congrats with Neptune and your WAV's.

You said since you took them off, that you had better polyp extension.

Are you going to run the WAV's when they come home?

Thanks, Freddie

No I'm not, I don't think I need them so I will be parting ways with them to fund other things for the tank. I have a few things in mind for the future lol

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently toned down my flow some, I have noticed my fish come out more. However I think the coral seemed to like it.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have recently toned down my flow some, I have noticed my fish come out more. However I think the coral seemed to like it.

My corals have never liked a ton of flow, I know just about everyone says to make the water flow like raging rapids but mine don't grow like that lol.

bif24701

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My corals have never liked a ton of flow, I know just about everyone says to make the water flow like raging rapids but mine don't grow like that lol.

Some of mine do, most of them, and some don’t. Place them strategically. I have an MP60, 2x Tunze 6105s, and WAV all in the display and WAV in my 100g sump. Took a long time to get all the programming and placement perfect so everything gets hit. I like running mostly 3-7 second pulses. I find that a strong pules has a better undertow effect thus bringing anything under the pump into the flow.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some of mine do, most of them, and some don’t. Place them strategically. I have an MP60, 2x Tunze 6105s, and WAV all in the display and WAV in my 100g sump. Took a long time to get all the programming and placement perfect so everything gets hit. I like running mostly 3-7 second pulses. I find that a strong pules has a better undertow effect thus bringing anything under the pump into the flow.

I have my mp40s anti sync and running various programs through out the day. I used to run them on 80% or so and all my sps would just encrust and never grow. I turned them down and they took off vertically. When I added the 2 wavs I noticed corals still grew up PE was way down. Once I removed them I noticed a tremendous increase in PE.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the last few days I've noticed every time my halides would kick on my pumps in the sump would chatter and turn on/off quickly and one of my fixtures wouldn't fire the bulb. It was strange so I started to mess around with the ballasts. I moved them around and I noticed that one the bottom of one of my m80s had a slight spark to it.

Here is a pic of the area it's at
20180317_020108.jpg

And here is the igniter that is sparking.
20180317_020115.jpg

It's a tiny spark ,but it's visible on the outside of the case. Here is a short video of what I'm talking about.

Now since then I replaced the igniter with a spare m80 I have that I use for parts. It still does this though.

Is this normal? I wouldn't think so but my other ones do it as well.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the last few days I've noticed every time my halides would kick on my pumps in the sump would chatter and turn on/off quickly and one of my fixtures wouldn't fire the bulb. It was strange so I started to mess around with the ballasts. I moved them around and I noticed that one the bottom of one of my m80s had a slight spark to it.

Here is a pic of the area it's at
20180317_020108.jpg

And here is the igniter that is sparking.
20180317_020115.jpg

It's a tiny spark ,but it's visible on the outside of the case. Here is a short video of what I'm talking about.

Now since then I replaced the igniter with a spare m80 I have that I use for parts. It still does this though.

Is this normal? I wouldn't think so but my other ones do it as well.

Is it normal? Probably. Its not "supposed" to happen though. You just don't have a nice smooth connection between the ballast and ground. You might be able to get a better connection by taking some fine sandpaper to it. You could also use something like this on the connection.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ideal-NOALOX-4-oz-Anti-Oxidant-Compound-30-026/202276208

Or you can just pretend you never noticed and it will likely be just fine.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it normal? Probably. Its not "supposed" to happen though. You just don't have a nice smooth connection between the ballast and ground. You might be able to get a better connection by taking some fine sandpaper to it. You could also use something like this on the connection.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ideal-NOALOX-4-oz-Anti-Oxidant-Compound-30-026/202276208

Or you can just pretend you never noticed and it will likely be just fine.

Thanks for the suggestion, I did notice a bit of corrosion on the plug and said that to myself as well haha.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, what's all this...

20180328_002356.jpg

Neptune Apex 2016
Eb832
Probe holder
AFS
DOS
DDR
And of course all the probes (not pictured)

20180328_133943.jpg

Magnetic stirrer
John guest bulkheads
Calcium carbonate

Obviously the apex 2016 will be going in place of my classic. I am not looking forward to having to reprogram EVERYTHING! Lol

The DOS will be used for my auto water change system I'm going to set up. I also have a 20H tank I picked up from petco this week during tue $1 per gallon sale.

The DDR will be holding Nopox and my "homemade" coral snow. I will put the magnetic stirrer under that part of the DDR so I can mix it up prior to dosing. The DDR will be hooked up to another dosing pump, not a DOS.

So yea, I have a bunch of stuff to do. Lol

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uh oh, what's all this...

20180328_002356.jpg

Neptune Apex 2016
Eb832
Probe holder
AFS
DOS
DDR
And of course all the probes (not pictured)

20180328_133943.jpg

Magnetic stirrer
John guest bulkheads
Calcium carbonate

Obviously the apex 2016 will be going in place of my classic. I am not looking forward to having to reprogram EVERYTHING! Lol

The DOS will be used for my auto water change system I'm going to set up. I also have a 20H tank I picked up from petco this week during tue $1 per gallon sale.

The DDR will be holding Nopox and my "homemade" coral snow. I will put the magnetic stirrer under that part of the DDR so I can mix it up prior to dosing. The DDR will be hooked up to another dosing pump, not a DOS.

So yea, I have a bunch of stuff to do. Lol
You got a lost weekend in the mail! :p

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You got a lost weekend in the mail! :p

You can say that again! Lol

I'm going to copy/paste all my programming from the classic to the new one so that should save me some time.

My game plan for the switch is to hook the 2016 up but leave the classic running until I get all the programming done. Once it's complete I'll switch out the classic brain for the new one. Then add each module/eb one at a time as to not screw something up in the process lol.

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you get a new toy I have to get one. Mine new gadget should arrive Friday. Hint: It rhymes with Balkatronic

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if you get a new toy I have to get one. Mine new gadget should arrive Friday. Hint: It rhymes with Balkatronic

Haha I almost pulled the trigger on one as well. I hope you will have it all hooked up for when I visit lol

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back