OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I better have it hooked up by then. I will won't sleep until I have it setup Friday night!

Boom! That's what I'm talking about haha

I don't think it should be too hard to set up. With the new apex in hand I might go with the trident when it comes out. Although testing alk with my hanna takes 30 seconds, and my calcium never budges because of my CaRX. So I'm not totally sold on getting one lol

Renton777

Polyp Nipper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boom! That's what I'm talking about haha

I don't think it should be too hard to set up. With the new apex in hand I might go with the trident when it comes out. Although testing alk with my hanna takes 30 seconds, and my calcium never budges because of my CaRX. So I'm not totally sold on getting one lol

Yeah, I like that the Alkatronic will provide info to the classic apex and I believe the Trident requires the new apex (so you are good there), that played a part in going with the Alkatronic as well as being impressed by its development and the fact it is currently available. I get dumb sometimes and my 5 gallon bucket of alk runs out and I dont notice and with my tank being packed, it only takes a day or two from my Alk to drop below 7.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I like that the Alkatronic will provide info to the classic apex and I believe the Trident requires the new apex (so you are good there), that played a part in going with the Alkatronic as well as being impressed by its development and the fact it is currently available. I get dumb sometimes and my 5 gallon bucket of alk runs out and I dont notice and with my tank being packed, it only takes a day or two from my Alk to drop below 7.

You should just get some optic sensors and out them in the containers to let you know when they are empty lol

Hybird,
Congrats on your new Apex and the DOS pumps are as good as it gets.

Thanks, I'm glad I got this as well. No more manual water changes will make my life so much easier lol

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats Hybirdazn, been thinking to make auto water changes with the DOS, please keep us posted on how do you setup and program it.

Will do! I have a few more pieces coming in that I need to complete the project. I'll document my progress accordingly

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to redo my ato system, I no longer feel like filling the 20g tall tank I use for my ato container haha. I have a 5 gallon synergy reef ato container that is also green so it matches my plumbing. I installed 2 apex optic sensors and a apex solenoid as well so it will automatically fill from my rodi. I drilled the top of the container to add another murlock bulkhead.

20180401_003511.jpg

Here it is with the sensors and solenoid installed. I need to finish running tubing from my rodi to the solenoid. I ordered 50' of black tubing from BRS so it should he here Thursday or friday.

20180401_004946.jpg

After I run the tubing all plug in all the sensors and start the programming.

I'll be back later with more updates!

chomoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I decided to redo my ato system, I no longer feel like filling the 20g tall tank I use for my ato container haha. I have a 5 gallon synergy reef ato container that is also green so it matches my plumbing. I installed 2 apex optic sensors and a apex solenoid as well so it will automatically fill from my rodi. I drilled the top of the container to add another murlock bulkhead.

20180401_003511.jpg

Here it is with the sensors and solenoid installed. I need to finish running tubing from my rodi to the solenoid. I ordered 50' of black tubing from BRS so it should he here Thursday or friday.

20180401_004946.jpg

After I run the tubing all plug in all the sensors and start the programming.

I'll be back later with more updates!

Cool set up!

One quick call out on the murlock bulkhead and (presumably) acrylic tubing you’ll use in he ato containwer.... keep your eye on it for the first week or so very closely. I did similar set up for dosing, and found that I was continually losing prime. This, I wasn’t actually dosing anything. I’d venture to guess it’s a seal problem, but haven’t had time to truly troubleshoot yet.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool set up!

One quick call out on the murlock bulkhead and (presumably) acrylic tubing you’ll use in he ato containwer.... keep your eye on it for the first week or so very closely. I did similar set up for dosing, and found that I was continually losing prime. This, I wasn’t actually dosing anything. I’d venture to guess it’s a seal problem, but haven’t had time to truly troubleshoot yet.

Thanks for the advice! Being that this is an ato I would think that losing prime wouldn't be as detrimental as it would be if I were dosing additives.

chomoney

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice! Being that this is an ato I would think that losing prime wouldn't be as detrimental as it would be if I were dosing additives.

I’m having a real “duh” moment right now [emoji23][emoji23] you are obviously correct!

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having a real “duh” moment right now [emoji23][emoji23] you are obviously correct!

Haha No worries, it's a good thing tonnage floating around in your head when setting things up like this or dosers.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up these bad boys yesterday from my LFS

20180405_010525.jpg

I finally forbmy harliquin shrimp pair! Astrina stars better run for your lives! You're toast!

Oh, and here is a pic of my front glass this morning after adding the shrimp

20180405_132250.jpg

Yeaaa, all those white marks are starfish. They literally are running for their lives hahahahaha

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started dosing this fun stuff the other day

20180411_020655.jpg

This will be light years easier to dose and manage nitrates than feeding.

Here is a video of it mixing on my magnetic stirrer

I'll tell ya, these magnetic stirrer's make life easier lol

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started dosing this fun stuff the other day

20180411_020655.jpg

This will be light years easier to dose and manage nitrates than feeding.

Here is a video of it mixing on my magnetic stirrer

I'll tell ya, these magnetic stirrer's make life easier lol

Umm.... easy is measuring it with a teaspoon and dumping it in a filter sock! ;)

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm.... easy is measuring it with a teaspoon and dumping it in a filter sock! ;)

Rofl yea you got me there. But then how would I automate dosing a solid? Lol

I guess a auto fish feeder might work

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back