HybridAZN's 180 gallon build

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
finally decided to dive in as a legit business.

Congratulations on the new adventure.

So Sunday rolls around, all the new frags are in the tank and I'm ready to take pics. A massive wind storm comes thru the area and knocks out my power around 8pm last night. Usually when this happens the power comes back pretty quickly so I didn't get the generator out right away. Well because of the wind, the temps went from 55 degrees to 27 degrees outside in a hurry, and needless to say the house got cold quick. By the time I got the generator out and fired it up to run my furnace, tank and fridge it was 1am. Tank temp dropped to 66 degrees!

That is a bummer.

The new sps have some PE so that's always a good sign
Good to hear

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I'm hoping I dodged a bullet. Just went and fed the fish and pulled my other mp40 wetside out to clean. The new sps have some PE so that's always a good sign
Hoping things pull through for you, bro.

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This past weekend was the LEAR Frag swap! I went ahead and picked up 3 new frags, no sps though. A hammer, favia and a zoa frag. I was totally content with this little pack I got. As I was walking around catching up with friends I went over to say hi to Tim (@aquavista99). We started talking and he knew something crazy things were going on with my tank, so to rejuvenate my love for sps, he gave me 5 totally awesome sps frags! I was completely blown away by this awesome gesture and def look forward to paying it back. @aquavista99 is a great guy and I'm honored to call him a friend.

Unexpected gifts is what makes this hobby so special my friend. Can’t wait to see your reef thriving with SPS again. :)

Last edited:

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yea I'm hoping I dodged a bullet. Just went and fed the fish and pulled my other mp40 wetside out to clean. The new sps have some PE so that's always a good sign

The recent wind storm wrecked havoc on a lot of people. Just say the word and I will send you another SPS gift pack if your new arrivals don’t make it.

Last edited:

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow George, that stinks about the power going off. That wind was really howling though.

I hope your new SPS pull through. I went to LEAR as well, it was my 1st frag swap ever. Dave, my husband wanted me to choose coral as a birthday gift from him...so choose I happily did! I came home with 14 new coral but no sps. My tank is an aio blenny/goby high nutrient tank with macro algae to help export. Softies and LPS do well for me. I am sorry that I did not see you to say hello but there were a lot of aquarists there.

Good luck with your new buisness and I hope the tank does well.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping things pull through for you, bro.

Thanks buddy, I hope so too. I need me some coral growth lol

Unexpected gifts is what makes this hobby so special my friend. Can’t wait to see your reef thriving with SPS again. :)
The recent wind storm wrecked havoc on a lot of people. Just say the word and I will send you another SPS gift pack if your new arrivals don’t make it.

Thanks Tim, I really do appreciate the kind gesture. I look forward to a planned visit when you are ready :)
Wow George, that stinks about the power going off. That wind was really howling though.

I hope your new SPS pull through. I went to LEAR as well, it was my 1st frag swap ever. Dave, my husband wanted me to choose coral as a birthday gift from him...so choose I happily did! I came home with 14 new coral but no sps. My tank is an aio blenny/goby high nutrient tank with macro algae to help export. Softies and LPS do well for me. I am sorry that I did not see you to say hello but there were a lot of aquarists there.

Good luck with your new buisness and I hope the tank does well.

Well happy birthday!

acer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my power about an hour ago since Sunday afternoon. Really Dusquenne Light!! I was never so happy to have a 3000 watt generator with wiring/switches to run about 1/2 the house and the aquarium. Glad it sounds like you dodged the bullet. Used up many gallons of gas to run the generator the whole time I was out. But disaster would have struck without it. Aquavista is a class guy - for sure. He was my last stop at the LEAR swap and I got a great Acro pack from him. I hope he comes to the 3RMAS swap in April so I can get some more.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my power about an hour ago since Sunday afternoon. Really Dusquenne Light!! I was never so happy to have a 3000 watt generator with wiring/switches to run about 1/2 the house and the aquarium. Glad it sounds like you dodged the bullet. Used up many gallons of gas to run the generator the whole time I was out. But disaster would have struck without it. Aquavista is a class guy - for sure. He was my last stop at the LEAR swap and I got a great Acro pack from him. I hope he comes to the 3RMAS swap in April so I can get some more.

I've owned my 5500w generator for about 5 years but never had to use it lol. That's why I was totally unprepared to use it, I had to wire up the furnace to hook the generator up to it. I'm glad to hear you avoided a disaster!

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank was looking extra clean tonight (well, cleaner than its looked in a long while lol) so I took a quick cell phone pic.

20190302_214443-01.jpeg

Better than nothing I suppose lol

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 53 48.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.0%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 22.9%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%
Back