OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very sorry to hear about the losses. Zoas look great. Things starting to come back around for you?

Thanks, seems like things are starting to level out. no more losses with sps that are still in the display. Getting good PE as well so hopefully things are on the up and up.

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, seems like things are starting to level out. no more losses with sps that are still in the display. Getting good PE as well so hopefully things are on the up and up.
Glad to hear it. Looking forward to seeing the things bounce back. Best of luck moving forward.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there George. I love your positive attitude!! It took me a really long time to finally come back from my issues but now things are awesome and my SPS are encrusting and looking so healthy. I know you'll come back stronger. I'll help you out with some nice acros once mine get a little bigger!!

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hang in there George. I love your positive attitude!! It took me a really long time to finally come back from my issues but now things are awesome and my SPS are encrusting and looking so healthy. I know you'll come back stronger. I'll help you out with some nice acros once mine get a little bigger!!

Thanks Alicia! Im glad to see your tank is doing better now. I knew you would worry thru it. And dont worry I still have a beach bum with your name on it for you ;-)

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really like the darker pink Zoe's. Can u tell me what they r.

Are you talking about the larger colony on the left of the top down? If so those are called goochster palys.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Alicia! Im glad to see your tank is doing better now. I knew you would worry thru it. And dont worry I still have a beach bum with your name on it for you ;-)

Wow, that is saying something, that Beach Bum is not the easiest coral to keep alive!!! Woot Woot. I'll look forward to it down the road!!!

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that is saying something, that Beach Bum is not the easiest coral to keep alive!!! Woot Woot. I'll look forward to it down the road!!!
Yea as soon as I saw things going downhill I pulled that and most of my RR pieces and put them in my frag system. Really glad I didn't tie it into the main display like some suggested doing.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is a update on what has been going on with coralvue and myself concerning the rusted volute, screws and collets. To make a very long story short because the pump is out of warranty I am out of luck and they will not stand behind their product even though it wasn't a mechanical failure but a hardware failure not standing up to the conditions that the product was made to stand up to. I was told that I have only 2 options, either buy a new volute and scrub the screws and collets with tin foil or buy a new pump at retail. To see the whole story if you are interested you can refer to my feedback thread here:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/questionable-customer-service-from-coralvue.206300/

I love this skimmer but after this whole ordeal I will no longer be supporting this company or referring them to anyone as well unless of course they change their course and decide to help me out and stand behind their product.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So here is this ugly little fella, the Jason Fox Beach Bum. This piece has been thru hell and back and lives to tell the tale. I thought it was a goner when the crash first started happening because it lost all color and started to bleach around the edges. I immediately cut off the bleached parts and put it in my frag system hoping it would recover. well over the last 2 months it has done a pretty decent job of getting some of its colors back. I'm proud of this piece, if I were to ever lose this one I would probably call off of work for 3 days and sit in a dark corner and cry lol. But seriously, its been thru a lot but I think it is loving the t5's its under right now. Although I still say it did best under the radion's.

IMG_0569edit.JPG

Here's a little PE action for you macro heads. Sorry its not totally clear, this pic was thru glass. Also the green around the polyps is kind of weird but I did edit the pic to look like how it does in the tank. But even in the RAW pic that green is still there. I think it was because the pic was taken thru glass of the tank.

IMG_0579edit.JPG

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dang bro! Sorry to hear that CoralVue isn't coming through. I hope they'll change their mind about how they're handling this. A pump that fails due to a design flaw should be replaced without argument IMO.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang bro! Sorry to hear that CoralVue isn't coming through. I hope they'll change their mind about how they're handling this. A pump that fails due to a design flaw should be replaced without argument IMO.
I really hope they decide to do something other than trying to push me into buying a new pump. I really do like their products but this is really killing me

dnov99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sorry to hear about all the issues. While I agree with you about the course of action that should be taken on the "defective" part, I really doubt it was the source of your issues. Most likely the alk swings you mentioned happening and then once things start to go bad with SPS they seem to have a domino effect. I have seen it happen all too many times, which is the reason I rest my ALK every day.

Great job in saving the beach bum that must be some consolation. Good luck getting things back on track. If your ever down in CNJ stop by and I'll give you a bunch of acros to get you back on track. [emoji3]

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really sorry to hear about all the issues. While I agree with you about the course of action that should be taken on the "defective" part, I really doubt it was the source of yothaur issues. Most likely the alk swings you mentioned happening and then once things start to go bad with SPS they seem to have a domino effect. I have seen it happen all too many times, which is the reason I rest my ALK every day.

Great job in saving the beach bum that must be some consolation. Good luck getting things back on track. If your ever down in CNJ stop by and I'll give you a bunch of acros to get you back on track. [emoji3]

Thanks for the offer, if im ever in the area ill def hit you up haha.

As far as the alk swing is concerned I should have put that it wasn't a massive swing. I usually keep it at 175ppm. it dropped down to 145, while its not a massive swing, the inconsistancy is what bothered me.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So an update on my coralvue situation. According to them they updated my ticket to "resolved" so I guess that is that. I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from a company that simply rebrands chinese made items and marks them up 3 fold and calls it high end.

Anyways, anyone interested in a reef octopus xp1000sss skimmer body? If not ill be chucking it off the roof of my house........ [HASHTAG]#iwishmyroofwashighersoitbreaksintomorepieces[/HASHTAG]

s2nhle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, that is nice live stocks. Thank you for sharing. I am interested in the skimmer body.

00ninja00

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I shouldn't expect anything less from a company that simply rebrands chinese made items and marks them up 3 fold and calls it high end.

you took that right out of my head. I never understood why they were charging so much for those waterblaster pumps And the reef octo red/white dc pumps, were nothing more than an overpriced colorful jebao dc pump, which goes for $90 instead of the red/white ones that were $200+. Not to say that they're complete garbage, they actually worked good when they were working, but to rebrand the same pump as jebaos and charge 2-3x the amount for it was just absurd to me. but that's just my opinion.

Sorry to hear about all the issues you had. Glad your tanks bouncing back. It'll be back to its glory in no time. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
hybridazn

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, that is nice live stocks. Thank you for sharing. I am interested in the skimmer body.

You're welcome to come and pick up. I really dont want to ship.

Thanks!

Back