• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

AI Prime and Hydra Diffusers

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all!

So happy to see this new forum section!

I am selling Hydra 26 diffusers and taking pre orders on diffusers for Hydra 52's

Price is as follows:
Prime - $32
Hydra 26 - $45
Hydra 52 - $60

These are offered in white or black as well as blue, green, orange, yellow accent layers (additional corals available upon request, additional charge).

Similar to ecotech radion light diffusers, this after market item offers you the ability to reduce hot spots, blend lighting, and reduce shimmer. When add ing these units to your light you will find it brings a warm blended output similar to that of T5 with a bit of shimmer. Comes with all items necessary to remove OEM screws and install diffusers.

Installation is very easy and covered in the below steps for Hydras. Primes require no assembly and snap on.

1. Unplug and remove light.

2. Find included drill bit and remove OEM screws from bottom of LEDs.

3. Remove OEM plastic cover from bottom of LEDs.

4. Remove clear OEM circular LED lens from the LED pucks.

5. Place OEM plastic cover back on.

6. Stack the following components on top of OEM plastic cover:

Acrylic spacer

Diffusion film (matte side facing LEDS, shiny side out)

Acrylic spacer

7. Using the included screws screw all of these components until snug.

Once you diffuser is installed you will have a slight reduction in par. You best option is to remeasure your par using a par meter. If unavailable, you should increase light by 15-20% to account for your diffuser.

IMG_4011.jpg
IMG_4010.jpg
IMG_4009.jpg
IMG_4008.jpg
IMG_7698.JPG Hydra 52 1.jpg

Last edited:

SilverCityReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a dumb question but is the diffuser portion a film or a plate? It looks like a solid piece but you call it a film.

kalare

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, would love some more info on what you're using as the diffusion piece. Thinking of buying 4 of these but would like to know what type of diffusion this is providing.

Thanks

OP
OP
S

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a dumb question but is the diffuser portion a film or a plate? It looks like a solid piece but you call it a film.

Yes, would love some more info on what you're using as the diffusion piece. Thinking of buying 4 of these but would like to know what type of diffusion this is providing.

Thanks

This is a diffusion film! It is taught so does not have any flex and looks solid but is similar thickness to paper. If that doesnt answer your question let me know!

erichuyn

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issues with heat build up? Looks like there is now a 'chamber' for the heat to be trapped or are there vents/slits?

OP
OP
S

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any issues with heat build up? Looks like there is now a 'chamber' for the heat to be trapped or are there vents/slits?
Measured a 0-10 degree increase which I did not deem an issue. There are ways for the heat to escape through the unit and the slits in the diffusion film!

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to say, these kits are AMAZING!
I ordered two for my 26's and I couldn't be happier with the diffusion they provide!
The coloration of my corals has increased since installation and the light blending is so much more appealing to the eye versus the stock diffused lens' hotspots. (First photo is stock)
This is an amazing upgrade for these fixtures and the manufactuer does not offer them.
Don't hesitate and buy with confidence!
Awesome seller and an awesome product!!!

-Saltyreef

20190520_184213.jpg 20190726_103032.jpg Screenshot_20190726-103243_myAI.jpg 20190715_194730.jpg 20190715_084613.jpg

OP
OP
S

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for the feed back salty!!!

Also hoping to have versions available for primes next week :D

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got any coloring version for the primes like the hydra 26hds, if so id like to buy them

OP
OP
S

Smiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got any coloring version for the primes like the hydra 26hds, if so id like to buy them
The 26’s are laser cut and the primes are printed. So I can’t have the clear colored portion on primes. I can print them in any color and can do multiple colors in a print.

Zakery Murray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
like what colors and such, got any pictures of the colors and or designs, thinking something crazy

Back