Hydra 26HD or Radion XR15 G4.

Uscanga2311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R Family.

HI I'm starting a nano tank (18inx18inx18in), it will be a mixed tank (Sps, lps, and soft corals), I'm indecisive to get a hydra26 or a RADION RX15 G4, hope you can help me!

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi R2R Family.

HI I'm starting a nano tank (18inx18inx18in), it will be a mixed tank (Sps, lps, and soft corals), I'm indecisive to get a hydra26 or a RADION RX15 G4, hope you can help me!
I would go with the Radion G4 Pro, however, if you want to be able to wirelessly control them, you also have to purchase the Reeflink Wireless Controller for $99
The Hydra 26 is WiFi Controllable right out of the box. The Radion's are pretty much the gold standard these days for LEDs. If you're going to spend the money, that's the route I'd go, if you have your heart set on those two brands :)

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an AI26HD with 4 ATI T5. I am thinking about getting a AI52 since I can get 4 lights instead of 2 with greater spread and cheaper than the RX30G4 at $700.

It's a tough call for sure. But I think I would go with the AI26 and raise it high up for the greatest light spread. I would also check out the video on the AI Prime etc on BRS tv as multiples could be an better option there.

OP
OP
Uscanga2311

Uscanga2311

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would go with the Radion G4 Pro, however, if you want to be able to wirelessly control them, you also have to purchase the Reeflink Wireless Controller for $99
The Hydra 26 is WiFi Controllable right out of the box. The Radion's are pretty much the gold standard these days for LEDs. If you're going to spend the money, that's the route I'd go, if you have your heart set on those two brands :)
thanks bro

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Good point on the reeflink extra spend. I would do all radions and not one single G4x15 if money were no object as they own AI and are the best.

Last edited:

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed the Ecotech diffusers for the XR15s are available for pre-order on BRS. Based on their early review, the diffuser performed admirably in regard to color blending and spread (at the cost of roughly 20% output) so that is another consideration to keep in mind.

Edit:

Last edited:

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 50.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.5%
Back