Hydra 26's can't find home network

willist0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 Hydra 26 HD's they worked fine for the past year. Then I tried to link them to a newly purchased Apex controller. Thats when all the trouble began. I called Apex for help and they ended up leaving me with no working lights and my Hydra wifi network gone. the next morning I was on the phone with AI tech support. After 3 calls they got my Hydras working. Yesterday I decided I wanted to change the ramp time at sunset. After I did that the lights seemed to be OK, but after a couple of minutes they all shut off [for about3 seconds] then came back on. they continued to do that until they ramped down for the night. This morning they came on normally but were still turning on and off. I've done a complete reset of the lights but now all 3 just blink blue/green blue/green. Any ideas of what I can do? Really don't want to wait until Monday to call AI. Thanks

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unplug them for 15 seconds and start from scratch. I don't have an Apex, but have had connectivity issues. Also, how strong is your Wi-Fi signal at that location? The signals do change with metallic objects, large objects put in the path.

OlderManSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also had that issue. Like Phil D I just unplugged and went around doing the rest of tank maintenance and plugged back in. I did have to reprogram but since I have 6 in that room on various tanks I have done it enough that it only took a couple of minutes. Interestingly, all the lights are independent and the problem was just that one. It has worked flawlessly since - close to a year.

OP
OP
willist0

willist0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have also had that issue. Like Phil D I just unplugged and went around doing the rest of tank maintenance and plugged back in. I did have to reprogram but since I have 6 in that room on various tanks I have done it enough that it only took a couple of minutes. Interestingly, all the lights are independent and the problem was just that one. It has worked flawlessly since - close to a year.
I've unplugged all three, when I plug them back in should I plug in all or maybe just one?

OlderManSea

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is probably easier to plug in one and see if you can get it working.

Good luck!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back