Hydra 32 HD showing up as a Prime 16??

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to add a new light to an existing tank and the brand new Hydra 32HD isn't recognized as such by the MyAI app. It shows up as a Prime 16. All firmware up to date. Made sure to identify the light that was showing since I do also have a Prime over a nano tank and it identifies the correct light but it's not listed correctly.

Any ideas? The only thing I'm seeing is the serial number listed on the box and on the light don't match what's in the app.

Screenshot_20210608-202411_myAI.jpg

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have you tried to add the light to a new tank instead of the current tank that the 16 is setup on?

It was being set up on the new tank so there was no conflicting issues with fixtures. I also verified that the SN wasn't the number for mu current Prime. It appears there may be a board issue. I contacted AI and they requested I send it in and they're replacing it under warranty.

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess what I meant was to create a new tank in the MyAI app and setup the new light to see if it picks it up as a 32. From the pic above you are adding the light to a existing tank in the MyAI app.

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess what I meant was to create a new tank in the MyAI app and setup the new light to see if it picks it up as a 32. From the pic above you are adding the light to a existing tank in the MyAI app.

Nope, I set up the new tank and tried to add both 32s to it. The 32 that shows is the old one, the prime that shows is the brand new 32. Even flashes when I had the app identify the light.

Hannott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to add to this, since it's the only forum post I could find.

I just added a Hydra 32HD that shows up as a Prime 16HD in the app as well. So apparently this is something that happens? But how?

OP
OP
Tmm87

Tmm87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to add to this, since it's the only forum post I could find.

I just added a Hydra 32HD that shows up as a Prime 16HD in the app as well. So apparently this is something that happens? But how?
When I reached out to AI they were baffled and had me send the old one back and they shipped me a new one. I'm guessing somehow the wrong board made it into the unit.

Back