Hydra 32 & Hydra 64 are Major Update to AquaIllumination’s Flagship LED Lights

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Builders

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Hydra 64 and Hydra 32 are two new light fixtures from the aquarium hobby’s oldest manufacturer of LED lights, AquaIllumination. Very much like tech manufacturers tick-tock approach to releasing new phones, the Hydra 32 & 64 are a ‘supercycle’ of new features, beefed up specs, slimmed down profile, and just about everything you could […]
Source

Continue reading...

Miguel Pxt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have replaced my 2xHydra 26HD for 2x new Hydra32.
Big mistake !!!

- I'm using the same preset from the 26HD, BRSTV AB+, with acclimation set to 80%, due to the higher power
- The fans run at 100% all the time, making a huge noise
- Contacted AI, they replied, the higher fan speed was needed dut to the increase in heat
- Got a message from one of the "AI Signature Reefers" stating that AI is planning to do somenting about it. In the meantime my wife is threatening to turn off the light switch
- 2 Acros bleached, maybe it's just a conicidence (not)

- The software has some serious concept flaws:
  • No WiFI
  • No PC Web access (neded for correct programming)
  • Moonlight feature afects the intensity of all channels, not only the dedicated moonlight channel
  • No manual mode available
  • No weather feature
Someone out there that can share their expriences ?

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm also very surprised by the software and hardware changes in these lights. They are not compatible with any old AI products (director, controller, MyAI cloud) and only appear to be bluetooth compatible. If they enable a way to import presets from desktop that would resolve most of my complaints. I'm currently configuring the light on my phone but it's not ideal.

Last edited:

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AI support got back to me and explained you can email the preset to your phone and open it with the myAI app. I was able to import my presets this way. I do not have any complaints on the light at this point. I hope they make it a little easier and provide a way to manage it with a desktop. I prefer the bluetooth to wifi if it works reliably. It won't have any interference and there's no real reason to change the settings once they are confirmed.

Coastie Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No WiFi is a huge step backwards IMO. I often view my setup remotely with a WiFi cam. There are times I need to remotely turn on the lights so I can see what’s going on or walk my tank sitter through something.

Waynerock

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know if anybody cares but AI said if you have any presets on your existing primes/Hydra when you activate the new lights those presets will go right over without missing a beat. Just upgraded my lights to the new ones and that’s a huge weight off my mind. I have almost 100 points on my lighting and it took me forever to set up. Here is my crazy schedule

F7E9B088-EC6E-4AA9-9551-4DBB90F8E3CE.png

aqua_code

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool, Saxby inspired.
I converted from a 26 but was not HD (old school). As a result, the preset is ignored. It's definitely more challenging to setup without the WiFi. I am happier with the end result though, and have no desire for WiFi now that it's working. More power efficient, more secure, and smaller network footprint. They will prob come out with a WiFi adapter or something similar in the future like kessil did.

It will be challenging for any new customers who want to customize a new preset. I wouldn't recommend this though, just use the Saxby one.

avila_rio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Aqua Code How Could you use Saxby´s preset. Im my old hydra 26 I could set it up with wifi but having trouble to put it to work using bluetooth.

avila_rio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to make it clear I have two tanks running in the android app right now and in the bluetooth tank (hydra 32hd) my options are limited to "live demo, schedule, lights on and feed mode". There is no way to upload settings. If I try to download the settings and simply open it with my ai app nothing happens as weel.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back