Hydra 64

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows if its bad to go
over 100% on the setting for the leds? Does it kill the life of the LEDs faster or AI design them to go over and still be fine ? I am very curious if everyone is fine with using those settings? I just cant get myself to do it without knowing.

Krixic

A Tad Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So Im not completetly sure about this but from my understanding of lighting, the brighter you have your lights set at, the hotter they get and therefore the fans need to kick it into overtime to try and keep everything cool. This could potentially impact the longevity of either the led or the fan but Im not sure. What I do know is what you should be most concerned about is how much light your corals accually need. This is based off of the PAR that your light is emitting which I am not educated enough on the topic to explain to someone (but BRS is...link below). Simply speaking, PAR is how much light that penetrates through the water and is available for corals for photosythesis. Depending on the composition of your tanks livestock, you will determine how much light you accually need. Many people run more lights at lower brightness levels for better spread (at least thats my understanding of it, I could very well be wrong). Also many corals dont need that much light, in fact, running your lights at 100% could bother some corals/anenomes and lead to them not thriving. So doing your research on what your corals need is very important. Also, if you have a very common tank size, Id be willing to bet someone has already done par readings for Hydras on this forum. Hope this helps and If Im wrong about anything....oh well ;Dead

Last edited:
OP
OP
Quoc Vu

Quoc Vu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if anyone is ever interested like me.

103D2D37-0374-42B5-88B2-8DACEC08CEB9.png

Broke2Broke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured but good to know. I run my AI Prime 16HD well over 100 on some channels.

Back