Hydra twentysix

Discussion in 'Reef LED Lights' started by thatguy88, Feb 7, 2018.

1. thatguy88

thatguy88 Member

Had anyone send this before? The blue and deep red seem not to be light up.... 20180206_231851.jpg

Tags:

2. Yati

Yati Active Member Build Thread Contributor

You may want to try to reboot if that doesn’t work I’d call AI pronto!

3. Benqb007

Benqb007 Member

Have you taken it apart recently?

4. ReefLEDLights

ReefLEDLights Valuable Member R2R Supporter Gold Sponsor

I prefer our Sirius XTC as we have achieved excellent reliability using Meanwell drivers and powersupplies.

XTC Small.jpg

5. LanM

LanM Active Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

Any update on this? I have a week old prime HD. and I was planning on ordering a Hydra 26 as well. Very pleased with the spectrum.

ReefLED, I'd probably prefer a $550 light to a $325 also, but its akin to comparing a 5 series Bimmer to a Chevrolet Impala budget so with respect I don't see the relevance.

6. ReefLEDLights

At $550 we produce almost twice the PAR of the Hydra 26 and more PAR than the Ecotech...

More often than not you get what you pay for...

As far as your problem if the Hydra is out of warranty open it up and send us a pic... Your problem might be as simple as a dead driver. The Mean Well LDD drivers are very versatile and cost less than $8

Bill

7. LanM

I'm sure you do, but I'm also sure you see the logic behind informing someone that if they'd spent 70% more then they would have a better performing product.

Even thought its true, I don't see the benefit of telling the op that if he bought 2 of the new gen galaxhydro wifi units, and 2 reefbreeders upgraded led boards that he'd have siginficantly better performace and 2 backup led boards, for less $$...because its just not relevant my friend. I applaud your agressive marketing though, any publicity is good publicity.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  8. ReefLEDLights

Not sure what your trying to say... This forum is sponsored ReefLEDLights.com

We started out 7 years ago offering High End DIY LEDs and DIY LED Kits like our Phoenix.

We now manufacture the Sirius XTC here in the USA. We could of outsourced the design to China but was not convinced they would put in the proper LED Bins or use counterfeit LEDs. There is a huge difference between LEDs in both performance and spectrum. Even the Cree Xseried Cool white has 5 different intensity bins and 28 different colour bins...

Once informed about both the subtle and major differences between LED Fixtures and their Components, more often than not most choose to spend a little more or DIY for much better performance and reliability.

Bill

9. LanM

Bill, this isn't my thread so I'll try not to tc.

What I meant was this; with the understanding that lighting purchases are both performance and price sensitive, telling someone that they would get superior performance from a product that costs 70% more is likely known by the owner of the comparison product.

The response may be (obvioulsy not guaranteed to be) something along the lines of: "Thanks, I know a $550 light would generate more par, but my budget was $350". There may not be much benefit to state what is likely known by the owner of said light, and could feel like a slight, or rubbing it in when someone has an issue with their light, comes on here, and is told: look what you could have gotten for x dollars....how does that help his issue?

As far as the black box analogy was concerned; it was relevant to the lack of benefit of pointing out what he could have bought instead of what he did, even at a price point. For instance, when comparing his light to yours, the par was doubled as you stated. I stated that it wouldnt benefit him much if I similarly told him "hey, you could've bought 2 black boxes with upgraded LED Boards for the same price as the hydra and got twice the par, 2 units so in the event of a failure you have at least one, and 2 backup original led boards"....because the guy already made the decision and spent his money.

I do see the benefit of informing him of the options should he choose to upgrade.

10. Daltrey

Daltrey Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

This topic was posted in the wrong vendor forum. This is ReefLED vendor forum. They pay for it and this subject is not related to ReefLED. I'm sure it will be deleted in 5....4....3....2....

pirate2876 likes this.
  11. LanM

Ah, I did just notice that, and would hope it be deleted as well.

As a paid supporter, in his own thread, Bill has the right to say whatever the heck he wants. Apologies for the response, as under general circumstances it would appear differently than in the vendor forum.

Knock yourself out Bill, best of luck with the sales. If someone came to my storefront I'd be inclined to do the same under those circumstances.

12. Daltrey

Daltrey Valuable Member Build Thread Contributor

It's a little confusing. :) People see Reef Led and automatically think it means led lights in general. :)

13. twotangs

twotangs Active Member

As a past and current customer of ReefLEDlights, just got to say that what he is saying is true. His DIY setups are really good in they allow you to get so granular in your spectrum. Sometimes it does work out better to pay a little more upfront.

14. ReefLEDLights

Thanks

15. ReefLEDLights

No worries about posting questions here. We don't mind doing an honest comparison to our DIY Kits or Sirius XTC.

We've seen almost every make of LED Fixture and repaired/modified a bunch of Import Black Boxes with better components.

One thing we for got to mention is one of the most important thing to consider and that is Spectrum... Corals prefer a dominant 410 to 460nm range. Many fixtures only have a token amount of 410-430nm LEDs as they are rather expensive with the better ones costing 3 times more than a Cree XT-E Royal Blue. Most Fixtures use the Royal Blue LED as their foundation. This spectrum is between 445 and 465nm. Proper buning here is huge as bins closer to 450nm will give a much better colour pop than warmer bins closer to 460nm

Bill

Draft saved Draft deleted