Hydrogen peroxide dipping

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just dipped a lobo frag that had some rust brown flatworms in a 4:1 RODI water and H2O2 solution for about 3 minutes... I assumed since people do RODI dips that it would be instead of saltwater. Ton of flatworms removed, but the lobo not looking too hot rn. Guess what I'd like to know is. Is it dead. :(
I tried the h2o2 rodi dip as well…. 6/8 corals dead. 4 of those being zoas and the other two being Gsp. I think I’ll steer clear of the peroxide myself.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the h2o2 rodi dip as well…. 6/8 corals dead. 4 of those being zoas and the other two being Gsp. I think I’ll steer clear of the peroxide myself.
You dilute with your tank water, not RODI. Don't blame the h202.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What ratio?
I use the guide below.

Use at own risk. Simply because I've not had a problem doesn't mean someone else wont kill a coral.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

anthonymckay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too follow the ratios listed on humble fish, and have never had issues. I dip all new corals first with brightwell KoralMD first, then a diluted peroxide dip. 5 mins in each. I once tried to experiment and did like a 1:1 ratio of 3% h2o2 to tank water. This was on a pink diamond frag, it lost all its color and turned brown for a few months, but eventually regained its color and looks normal now. But sticking with the humblefish recommendations I've always had success.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the guide below.

Use at own risk. Simply because I've not had a problem doesn't mean someone else wont kill a coral.

Dosage seems very weak, a few mls in a litre of tank water, I would expect most corals to fine.

ShroomVision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the guide below.

I followed this to the tee.. now have two dead expensive euphyllia after 4 minutes and less than a 1:1 ratio. They bubbled up and exploded basically. I'm so sad.. one was a sun god torch I won and the other a bday gift. Seriously sad day

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed this to the tee.. now have two dead expensive euphyllia after 4 minutes and less than a 1:1 ratio. They bubbled up and exploded basically. I'm so sad.. one was a sun god torch I won and the other a bday gift. Seriously sad day
What was the need to dip euphyllia in peroxide?

ShroomVision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What was the need to dip euphyllia in peroxide?
Had a bad case of BJD due to a batch of wild corals from a vendor that brought it in. (dipped them in revive before). Just had to cipro the tank etc because it knocked out 4 of my torches total. So now I decided to peroxide dip before as have heard it is safe and will kill off algaes etc. BJD is gone and basically all pest in my tank (other than me lol).

I was trying to prevent bjd in my tank again and I exploded the polyps of two amazing torches. End of the polyps have actual holes on them from exploding.

** Had a timer and everything. About 4 mins in (33% of it hydrogen peroxide 3%) the polyps started bubbling at the end with trapped gas (almost all at once). I took them out instantly put them in the other container with just tank water where the polyps exploded.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Had a bad case of BJD due to a batch of wild corals from a vendor that brought it in. (dipped them in revive before). Just had to cipro the tank etc because it knocked out 4 of my torches total. So now I decided to peroxide dip before as have heard it is safe and will kill off algaes etc. BJD is gone and basically all pest in my tank (other than me lol).

I was trying to prevent bjd in my tank again and I exploded the polyps of two amazing torches. End of the polyps have actual holes on them from exploding.

** Had a timer and everything. About 4 mins in (33% of it hydrogen peroxide 3%) the polyps started bubbling at the end with trapped gas (almost all at once). I took them out instantly put them in the other container with just tank water where the polyps exploded.
Sorry for your loss…. I know it’s after the fact but lugols dip used to be my go to for dipping euphyllia. It is good for the coral and takes care of BJD as well.

ShroomVision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss…. I know it’s after the fact but lugols dip used to be my go to for dipping euphyllia. It is good for the coral and takes care of BJD as well.
They aren't a full loss yet. The sun god is perking up but has holes on the end of the polyps and the other torch.. Probably a goner sadly. No idea if they can heal holes on the end of their polyps?

ShroomVision

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I left the tiles on. Didn't want to stress them anymore after

Attachments

• PXL_20230607_181913729.jpg
    PXL_20230607_181913729.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 18

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 27 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 6.1%
Back