Hydroid? 8 months later

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So about 8 months ago my tank was maybe 3/4 months old and I had no clue that a shop had sold me stuff with loads of bad hitchhikers and since then I've moved house stripped out all the rock checked every coral but I guess these things were in the sand or the plumbing as that's the only thing that stayed the same.

Anyways I thought they were gone but they are now over all my new rock work and they literally catch any pellets I put in and fish won't attempt to get the food as I guess they sting. I've seen them eating copepods which I have an endless amount coming from my refugium so I guess there's no starving them out.

I've tried glue and aimimg flow at them but unless you get every single one they come back.

Does anyone know a way of getting rid? My corals literally spread along the rockwork until they get within range of one of these and they stop growing and start to melt.

20210827_170952.jpg 20210827_170935.jpg 20210827_170902.jpg

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I never had an issue with them. But here's a thread with some help. maybe something you might want to try?

OP
OP
CornishCrustyCorals

CornishCrustyCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am contemplating trying an emerald crab as I do get a bit of bubble algae and who knows maybe I get lucky and one likes these too.

I've tried feeding my fish bare minimum, tried raising alk and calcium, tried raising temps. Medications are not really an option and I can't really add any more fish.

That was a nice thread Mibu thanks!

I will keep persisting and trying to eradicate them

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 43 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 29.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back