Hydroids

BillyReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys,

Somebody has tips on removing hydroids? I have spotted a couple on my live rock and would want to take care of it before it spreads out. The rock can't be taken out, since it's cemented with a whole lot of other rocks.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same thing, however, I have an anemone in my tank. it's been recommended fenbendazole for fish will work. doesn't affect corals or fish, but will kill snails, anemone's and such.

OP
OP
BillyReefer

BillyReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have the same thing, however, I have an anemone in my tank. it's been recommended fenbendazole for fish will work. doesn't affect corals or fish, but will kill snails, anemone's and such.

Fenbendazole i have used a couple of years ago, in my freshwater tank. It worked great! I didn't know this product could be used for these hydroids. Does it kill hermit crabs too?

OP
OP
BillyReefer

BillyReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 part putty and smother them.

I tried pulling them with tweezers and cover them in aptasia-x from red sea, but they just grow back. With 2 part putty do you mean, paste them with the paste you use for rocks and coral frags?

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ye
I tried pulling them with tweezers and cover them in aptasia-x from red sea, but they just grow back. With 2 part putty do you mean, paste them with the paste you use for rocks and coral frags?
yes

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yep. It may look out of place for a while. But once you place a coral over it, it will encrust to cover it completely.

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fenbendazole i have used a couple of years ago, in my freshwater tank. It worked great! I didn't know this product could be used for these hydroids. Does it kill hermit crabs too?

no clue. i am trying the coral snow approach first which removes particles from the water that they feed on.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back